Corporate Engagement Officer – Indonesia Power of Procurement Project
Location: Jakarta or Hong Kong
Job description and background
CDP is seeking for Corporate Engagement Officer with excellent relationship-building and project management skills to contribute to its work addressing commodity-driven deforestation. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated self-starter who enjoys taking ownership of a projectand thrives in a varied and autonomous environment.This role will report to the Project Manager, Indonesia Power of Procurement at CDP Hong Kong.
About CDP’s forests program
CDP’s forests program works to remove commodity driven deforestation from corporate value chains to effectively contribute to a below 2degree, water secure world; and to decouple deforestation from forest risk commodity production. CDP’s work on forests was launched in 2014 and now boasts the backing of 525 financial institutions with over $96 trillion in assets. The program provides critical forests related data from the world’s largest corporations that buy, sell or trade key forests risk commodities (cattle products, palm oil, soy products and timber). The data is used to inform the global market place on investment risk and commercial opportunity, and to catalyse action, supporting companies in their efforts to remove deforestation from their supply chains.
The role will be fixed term contract starting as soon as possibleand ending 30 April 2021.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Engaging with companies on deforestation in Indonesian palm oil supply chains (through phone calls, one-to-one meetings, presentations and workshops);
- Support the Project Manager in organizing events;
- Conducting research and analyses to support the project activities;
- Support in data analysis for the development of reports;
- Helping to develop educational and training materials for company procurement teams;
- Supporting monitoring and evaluation of the project implementation.
- A university degree in Environment, Forest Engineering, Sustainability or a related subject.
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in project management;
- Expertise in the drivers of deforestation in palm oil supply chains, and key geographies, particularly Indonesia;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills;
- Track-record of working effectively with multiple project partners;
- Love for data and information and utilizing it to drive change;
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Ability to work effectively in a small team and remotely with colleagues in CDP’s global offices;
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesiaand English required;
- Willingness to travel occasionally or as required.
This is a full-time role based at CDP’s Hong Kong or Jakarta reporting to the Project Manager, Indonesia Power of Procurement project.
Salary and benefits: competitive NGO salary, annual discretionary bonus, 24 days’ holiday and others.
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in Indonesia or Hong Kong.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages, to email@example.com with ‘Corporate Engagement Officer – Indonesia Power of Procurement project’ in the subject. The deadline is 31 July 2019.
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of the submission deadline, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.