As a Consultant Land Use and Adaptation, you will be responsible for the overall management of proposals and projects including initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling, assessing impact and closure of projects. You will ensure the timely delivery of high level quality mandates.
In addition, you will manage platform mandates which involves stakeholder engagement, network management, organisation of events/meetings (physical or on-line) and communications. You will also be responsible for supporting business development activities for South Pole. This is a fast growing and dynamic business area with global market potential. If you are ready to take on the challenge, then we are looking for you!
Tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for proposal/deliverable preparation and completion to the quality required by South Pole and the client, with a focus on land use and climate change adaptation projects
- Overall project and proposal management and coordination with team members and where appropriate partners
- Ensure projects are completed on time and within the personal time budget
- Appropriately manage information and knowledge on mandates
- Support business development activities for the company
- Develop and improve specialised skills and knowledge linked to topics and services offered by South Pole
- University degree, ideally at Masters level or higher in agriculture, forestry, finance, economics, sustainability, climate change, or other related fields
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in climate change or sustainability consulting or project development (ideally focusing on land use and adaptation), grant/investment management, knowledge management, stakeholder engagement or other related fields
- Practical experience in sustainable land use management, such as forestry and agriculture
- Proven knowledge and experience in climate change, impacts, vulnerability assessments and adaptation measures, ideally in the land use space
- Ability to create high-quality written documents (proposals, deliverables, reports) in English
- Proven network in the relevant field
- Ability to manage projects of a low to moderate level of complexity
- Ability to conduct research tasks, analyse and summarise data
- Excellent oral and written command of English is essential.
- National or holder of a valid work permit
- Excellent team spirit
- Be part of a growing and multicultural company
- Work experience in a leading sustainability consultancy firm with the opportunity to work with a wide range of experts from a broad range of sustainability fields
- Work autonomously as well as within a large and international team