IIX (Impact Investment Exchange) and IIX Foundation have played a pioneering role in developing and leading the global impact investing space. IIX and IIX Foundation’s work is focused on women empowerment, climate action and opportunity for disadvantaged communities — all under the umbrella of inclusive finance. Over the past decade, we have operated a vibrant equity crowd funding platform (Impact Partners), innovative financial products such as Women’s Livelihood Bond, award-winning technical assistance programs such as IIX ACTS, over 40 research papers, a popular Impact Institute (where we teach about impact investing/innovative finance), over 130+ impact assessments — all of which have unlocked close to $100 million of private sector capital, avoided over 400,000 tonnes of carbon and impacted over 15 million lives creating livelihood, bringing affordable education, healthcare, agriculture, healthcare and water to the remotest corners of the world. IIX Group has received numerous awards for its work including the Oslo Business for Peace Award, the Nobel Prize for Business.
For more information about IIX, please visit www.iixglobal.com.
IIX is seeking a mission driven, results oriented, and resourceful Consultant to be based in Indonesia. The Consultant will augment a highly effective, hands-on team responsible to work with Impact Enterprises (IEs).
The work will primarily entail developing a strong relationship with IEs in Indonesia, so as to provide technical assistance to selected IEs to get them investment-ready. This includes the following activities, but not limited to –
- Review and analyze business plans, historical financial statements and financial projections of IEs in focus sectors
- Conduct impact assessments based on IIX’s proprietary framework
- Develop financial models based on revenue- and cost- drivers, linked to funding requirements
- Prepare an updated business plan including an investment overview and impact assessment
- Assist IEs in improving their financial management systems and build capacity of IEs in financial management and financial reporting.
- MBA or graduate degree in a related area, with excellent written and spoken English language skills
Minimum of 4 years of combined experience in corporate finance, business development, management consulting or similar experience
- Familiarity with the Indonesia macroeconomic, national development agenda, and impact enterprise landscape across sectors
Excellent interpersonal skills; very strong leadership ability
Outstanding presentation and communication skills, Experienced and comfortable working in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Highly entrepreneurial mindset; self-starter comfortable working in a dynamic environment; able to work independently being remotely based and co-ordinate effectively with the team in Singapore.
- Desire to work in a collaborative, high-performing team environment, building relationships with other team members and managing a range of responsibilities
- Good understanding of the impact investing space
- Development experience and hands on experience of working at or with impactful small, medium enterprises
- Experience in corporate finance is preferred
Academic or professional experience with IIX sector specializations (including renewable energy, inclusive finance, technology access, rural healthcare services, education, water and waste management)
- Sector expertise on clean energy, agriculture, health, water or fair trade
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com; a writing sample is optional. Qualified candidates will be considered and contacted by a member of the IIX team for interviews. IIX is an equal opportunity employer.