The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organisation for public-private cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Why we are recruiting
The Asia-Pacific (APAC) Team, Centre for Regional and Global Cooperation works towards cultivating and managing the Forum’s relations primarily with government and public sector constituents in the Korean Peninsula, Mongolia, ASEAN (Association of South East Asian Nations), Australia and the Pacific and ensures that the Forum’s work in the Asia-Pacific is aligned with the Mission of the Organisation, as well as creating the maximum impact for the region.
With the growing political, economic and cultural weight of APAC, the team is looking to add a well-rounded regional expert who enjoys working in a highly dynamic setting, passionate about bridging the region and the world
Reporting lines and interactions
Community Lead will report to the Head of APAC, Centre for Regional and Global Cooperation and work with a wide range of internal teams in view of identifying, developing and managing projects and initiatives in the portfolio of countries s/he is responsible for.
- Analysis (30%): Act as the Forum’s main source of knowledge on the current affairs, political composition and outlook for the portfolio countries, advising relevant teams on prospects and ways for optimal engagement with public sector entities required for each activities. Contribute unique and high-quality insights towards different Forum/external platforms (on/offline)
- Engagement (50%): Act as the Forum’s ambassador in the region and the region’s advocate within the Forum, adding regional context to global issues and implementing relevant initiatives for regional impact. Actively cultivate and manage relationships with the foremost decision makers and thinkers in the portfolio countries to broaden the Forum community and its engagement to different activities and platforms
- Administration (20%): Perform necessary administrative tasks that contribute towards successful community management/engagement and delivery of on/offline meetings (e.g. data collection, input, reporting etc.)
The successful candidate will be assessed on
- Quality of analysis and insight on the region and its key issues
- Stability of relationship with the government stakeholders in the region and the quality of their engagement to relevant activities and projects
- Level of collaboration with the rest of the team and wider Forum teams
Preferred Requirements and Experience
- Advanced degree in political science, economics, business administration or other relevant fields
- Proven track record of successfully engaging and working with senior stakeholders in government, business, academia and civil society organizations
- Team player with the ability to absorb, synthesize and develop a wide variety of insights, combined with a set of strong organizational and coordination skills
- High proficiency in spoken and written English is mandatory; fluency in Korean and/or another language used in the ASEAN region (Indonesian, Malay, Thai, Vietnamese etc) is an asset
Why work at the Forum:
The Forum believes that progress happens by bringing together people from all walks of life who have the drive and the influence to improve the state of the world by building awareness and cooperation, shaping mindsets and agendas, and driving collective action. Join us and become a driver for positive change!