We are looking for a Communications Manager to join our new Singapore team. We are a legal and environmental non-profit that uses the power of the law to fight against climate change and to protect nature and the environment. We have existing offices in the UK, Europe, the US, and China. Our Asia Climate and Energy Programme uses law, backed by science and economics, to accelerate the transition to a net zero economy and limit the worst impacts of climate change.
Our Communications Department uses a strategic approach to influence decision-making, drive behaviour change and promote ourselves and our work. In this role, you will be working to enhance the impact of our Asia Climate and Energy team’s legal and advocacy work in key countries. You will also be helping to establish ClientEarth as a trusted voice in Singapore and the wider region and build on our existing global reputation.
Meet your manager
In this role, you will be managed by Jon Bennett, who is based in London. Jon leads the Strategic Communications team, which helps our lawyers achieve their aims using the full suite of communications tools. He joined ClientEarth in 2015 as a Communications Manager, supporting the organisation’s high profile litigation work. Before ClientEarth he worked in various third sector communications roles having begun his career as a regional journalist in the UK.
- Devising and delivering integrated communications strategies to support our regional activities
- Creating impactful print, digital and social content that will increase the impact of our work in the region
- Using a broad range of communications channels, tactics and approaches to positively influence change.
- Developing a roster of expert spokespeople for ClientEarth
- Acting as a trusted communications advisor to colleagues
- Producing marketing communications materials that promote and position ClientEarth positively
- Developing relationships with key journalists and other key stakeholders
- Representing ClientEarth in national and international coalitions
- A proven track record of developing and implementing communications strategies to support an organisation’s aims
- Knowledge of the social, political and media landscape in Singapore and the wider Asia region
- Experience of working extensively with the media in Singapore and South East Asia, particularly Japan
- Experience of managing social media accounts for an organisation or team within that organisation
- An interest in, and knowledge of, environmental issues
- Fluent (CEFR level C2) in English (essential) and at least one South East Asian language (strongly desirable)
Have a question about this job? Please visit our Careers site for advice on applying, FAQs, and more.
Flexible working: Post-covid, we are giving our staff the choice to decide where they want to work for 80% of their week, with the other 20% of their week being office-based. See our Benefits page for more.
ClientEarth values diversity and inclusion and the benefits this brings. We aim to appoint the most suitable candidate at all times and welcome applications from people from all different backgrounds.
Please note that ClientEarth is only able to employ those who have the pre-existing legal right to work in Singapore.