The Global Platform for Sustainable natural Rubber (GPSNR) Communications Associate will be responsible for appropriate planning and implementation of GPSNR communication strategies, external communications (both to members and general public) as well as developing and consolidating relations with the media.
Duties include but will not be limited to the following:
- Support the Platform Director in the design and management of GPSNR Communications strategy and Roadmap.
- Support the Platform Director in the design of GPSNR communications policies and brand style-guide.
- Draft GPSNR external communications including press releases and official letters.
- Support the GPSNR Director in management of both paid and earned media, including media kit development and media liaison.
- Manage the GPSNR monthly newsletter, including content creation and dissemination, monitoring of newsletter analytics.
- Create an active and engaged GPSNR community on social media by updating and managing current GPSNR social media channels, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Create dynamic content (text, image, video) to promote meaningful audience participation.
- Oversee GPSNR social media accounts to ensure that they remain branded, mission-focused and engaged with GPSNR audiences.
- In collaboration with GPSNR CRM Expert Associate, monitor analytics to make data-driven decisions to increase engagement and provide regular reports of social media projects.
- Traditional media and social media monitoring.
- Gpsnr.org: Create new and engaging content (text, photo, video, etc.) and update website CMS/Salesforce in collaboration with GP content management system.
- Print and digital communications: Assist with writing, proof-reading, and production of marketing materials.
Apart from the duties stated above, to perform any duty or duties reasonably assigned.
Desired Competencies and Qualifications:
- Relevant Bachelor Degree. A Masters Degree may be advantageous.
- Preferably with at least 3 years of experience in a communications related area.
- Experience working within Multi-Stakeholder Initiatives will be an advantage.
Technical & Professional Knowledge:
- Strong storytelling/writing skills required
- Photography and videography skills desirable, but not required
- Ability to organize, multi-task, and complete projects with time deadlines
- Excellent organization
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks without a project manager
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members and a project manager on complex projects
- Strong attention to detail and astute diagnostic skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in an unstructured and international environment
- Ability to learn quickly and to operate in a fluid, fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to overcome obstacles
- Excellent proficiency in both spoken and written English with great communication skills. Knowledge of Mandarin, Thai, Bahasa Malaysia, Bahasa Indonesia, Japanese, French, or Spanish will be an advantage.