As Commercial Associate in Latin America, you will be responsible for aiding the commercial team in the management of compliance markets that are in force in the region, as well as supporting in the design and implementation of strategies in order to approach compliance markets that are still being generated. You will be coordinating the design and implementation of management systems that will be put in place for the different compliance market teams to perform in an efficient way.
Furthermore, you will be supporting the commercial team in the relations that they have with the different compliance market stakeholders in the region, like Government entities, legal responsible entities, associations for the promotion of compliance markets, passive subjects of carbon taxes and local and international standards and registries, among others. In addition, you will also coordinate key accounts for the sales of VERs, RECs and consulting services, scheduling and holding meetings with potential clients, as well as creating opportunities and negotiating agreements with them.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Support in the design and implementation of compliance market management systems
- Coordination of capacity building sessions for the different compliance market teams with the aim of socialising the knowledge and information in an efficient way
- Support in relations with stakeholders, including government entities, Ecopetrol, passive subjects of carbon taxes, associations for the promotion of carbon market schemes, standards and registries, among others
- Support in creating databases, scheduling and holding meetings with forestry and non-forestry projects, creating and sending proposals and negotiating terms and agreements
- Coordination of the relationship between the company and the different forestry and non-forestry projects, maintaining efficient communications channels and solving commercial doubts
- Coordination of the relationship between the company and the different carbon credit purchase clients, maintaining efficient communications channels and solving commercial doubts
- Coordination of the generation of invoices, as well as the collection process
- Creation of mechanisms that will let the company understand the preference of its clients, project owners and purchasers
- Coordination of gathering, merging and analysing data regarding compliance markets, in order for the company to have the most relevant information in its decision-making processes
- Coordination with the marketing area of marketing strategies that could be needed in order to position the company as a leader in the market
- Coordination of VER and REC sales, as well as managing the relations with existing clients in the region
- Coordination of sales of A&D consulting services, as well as managing the relations with existing clients in the region
- Support in the design and implementation of strategies in order to approach compliance markets in the LATAM region.
- University degree or higher in Business Administration or some other relevant discipline is required
- Experience in areas related to the environment and sustainability is essential
- Experience in the energy sector will be taken into consideration
- Excellent abilities in organisation and administration and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment
- Experience managing teams at a country level. Experience working with teams in several countries in the LATAM region will be preferred
- Experience and results in sales and commercial departments will be preferred
- Good oral and written command of Spanish and English.
- Detail oriented, able to prioritise tasks and support program implementation while ensuring adherence to required policies and protocols
- Ability to work on assignments that are diverse in nature, applying company policies, processes and procedures to resolve a variety of issues/problems
- Able to solve basic problems independently, based on general instructions on new assignments or projects
- Ability to create high quality written documents (proposals and deliverables) in Spanish
- Ability to carry out project administration & management tasks
- Research and analysis skills, including budget tracking, financial forecasting, and project evaluation and monitoring
- Ability to manage relationships and inter-institutional coordination.
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.