Global Compact Network Singapore (GCNS) is seeking an experienced sustainability professional with carbon expertise to lead GCNS’ carbon management pillar, contribute to Singapore Green Plan 2030, and help local businesses thrive in the transition to a green economy.
The successful candidate will assist companies in Singapore in advancing their decarbonisation journey through industry training and workshops, sustainability tools and resources, and by providing them with a supportive network.
This role will also focus on identifying the needs of the business community, establish impactful collaboration with ecosystem partners, and execute programmes to support low-carbon transition.
The successful candidate will join an active UN Global Compact local network, an ambitious team that is energised behind our mission to promotes corporate sustainability and responsible business in Singapore and the region.
Scope of responsibilities
- Steer GCNS’s carbon strategy to advance Singapore’s decarbonisation agenda
- Oversee the strategic planning and project implementation of Carbon Pricing Leadership Coalition (CPLC) Singapore goals, which includes, but is not limited to, growing the CPLC community, conducting training workshops and leading business-matching initiatives and overseas study trips
- Oversee the curriculum design of carbon-related training and facilitate carbon workshops
- Represent GCNS in advocacy and policy dialogues on climate change and decarbonisation, including advising on policies and regulations
- In collaboration with Membership and Capacity Building teams, contribute to the design and delivery of new capacity building initiatives, thought leadership and activities as it relates to carbon and climate change
- Lead research initiatives, knowledge creation and in-house products/solutions on carbon related matters
- Identify and manage strategic partnerships with relevant governmental agencies, regulatory bodies, NGOs, IHLs and business associations
- Oversight of CPLC Singapore budget and audit
- Supervise and mentor staff members of CPLC Singapore
- Additional projects, as assigned
- A minimum of 7 years work experience in corporate sustainability, with technical knowledge and direct project execution experience in carbon management or climate change mitigation
- A degree in environmentally related fields would be preferred
- Certification in ISO 14064-1 and 14064-3 would be advantageous
- Strong knowledge of climate change policy and advisory as well as data analysis, including climate change adaptation, carbon accounting, and emissions reduction
- Experience in adult training and curriculum design is advantageous
- Strategic, conceptual and analytical, with the ability to look ahead at market trends and identify new opportunities
- Strong communicator (written and verbal). Comfortable presenting to large audiences and engaging with a wide range of stakeholders across different sectors, regions and seniority levels
- Ability to initiate partnerships and maintain positive relations with a wide range of stakeholders
- Able to work within a small team dynamic and in a fast-paced environment
- Accept that OT is necessary at times
- A progressive and dynamic work culture that offers flexibility in work arrangements and recognition schemes
- A learning and growth-oriented work culture with ample professional development opportunities
- A community environment of purpose-driven people to work with, five days a week
- An international network through the UN Global Compact local networks and other UN agencies
If you are interested in the role and would like us to learn more about you, send in your CV, together with a cover letter with your expected salary and noticed period to be given, to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.