Do you have a passion for integrating ESG issues into the mainstream investment process? Are you experienced in data visualization and want to learn more about CDP data products and services? CDP is seeking a highly motivated individual with proven self-starter skills to join the CDP’s Hong Kong office Capital Markets team.
The successful candidate will join a growing team of committed professionals working to embed ESG integration into mainstream financial analysis and investment processes. In addition to the responsibilities below, a focus of the role may be to enhance usability and data visualisation of CDP data products and services to strengthen CDP’s position as a premium data service provider. The Project Officer will report to CDP’s Regional Lead, Capital Markets and work integrally with the global Capital Markets team.
CDP is a global non-profit that drives companies and governments to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Voted number one climate research provider by investors and working with institutional investors with assets of over USD 106 trillion, we leverage investor and buyer power to motivate companies to disclose and manage their environmental impacts. Over 9,600 companies with over 50 per cent of global market capitalization disclosed environmental data through CDP in 2020. This is in addition to the hundreds of cities, states and regions that disclosed, making CDP’s platform one of the richest sources of information globally on how companies and governments are driving environmental change. CDP is a founding member of the We Mean Business Coalition. Visit https://cdp.net/en or follow us @CDP to find out more.
This role sits within the Capital Markets Team and will jointly report to the Regional Lead, Capital Markets and Director, CDP Hong Kong.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting senior team member to build relationships with institutional investors and recruit them as signatories and members.
- Engaging with investors to build awareness of CDP data and research and assisting them to use it in their investment process where possible;
- Extracting data from the internal data warehouse and organising for external consumption, as well as presenting CDP data and analytics to various stakeholders in the investment community;
- Developing guidance documents for CDP and Investor processes;
- Creating and maintaining a library of PowerPoint decks and other marketing information;
- Utilizing CRM database to maintain customer records as well as draft and distribute mass emails to CDP constituents; and
- Helping convene and organize investor roundtables, roadshows, and other informational events; liaising with other teams internally to align communications and outreach.
The precise description and nature of your job may be varied from time to time, and you may be required to carry out other duties as necessary to meet business needs.
Required skills and experience:
- Comfortable liaising with contacts in senior positions at pension funds, insurance companies and investment managers, and other financial market participants;
- A desire to take ownership and responsibility for their work;
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills and a desire to seek out networking opportunities;
- The ability to deliver excellent results under pressure and take pride in working to a high standard;
- A flexible but diligent working style, with a proven record of working within a team;
- Attention to detail critical; and
- Strong computer software skills, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM and analytical skills.
Desired skills and experience
- A passion for integrating ESG issues into the mainstream investment process;
- Experience in data visualisation tools;
- Experience in research and writing reports;
- An interest in working for an environmental NGO and a passion for sustainability topics;
- Knowledge of climate change mitigation and adaptation issues;
- Experience in SharePoint.
This is a full-time role based at CDP’s Hong Kong office, jointly reporting to the Regional Lead, Capital Markets and Director, CDP Hong Kong.
Salary and benefits: HKD 250,000 per annum, 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, annual discretionary bonus, Training and development and other benefits.
This is a fixed team contract until December 2021 with possibilities of extension.
Applicants must be eligible to work legally in Hong Kong.
Before you apply
We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. For more details on how we use your information, see our applicants privacy notice. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.
How to apply:
Please email your CV and a covering letter setting out how you meet the required skills and experience or key responsibilities, which should be no more than two pages, to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Capital Markets Project Officer” followed by your first name and surname in the subject. Please, make sure you explicitly mention you are eligible to work legally in Hong Kong in the cover letter.
While we truly value the time you invest in the application, we regret to inform you only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Should you not hear from us within 4 weeks from the deadline, you can consider your application unsuccessful.
The deadline is April 30, 2021.