Overview of the position
The Capacity Development Manager (CDM) will be responsible for the development, administration and evaluation of training programmes targeted at improving members’ capacity to fulfill RSPO requirements, and strengthening accountability to make sustainable palm oil the norm.
The CDM manages capacity building for service providers endorsed or registered with the RSPO to ensure effective delivery of services. This position creatively designs and implements effective methods to keep all service providers including Certification Bodies (CBs) up to date with RSPO requirements to improve quality and delivery of services. Finally, the CDM ensures all training programmes deliver the intended outputs and outcomes as outlined in the RSPO Theory of Change.
Key roles & responsibilities
Duties include but will not be limited to the following:
- To evaluate RSPO members’ and all service providers’ (including CBs) understanding of RSPO requirements and weaknesses;
- To identify training needs according to needs and develop training programmes for RSPO members and service providers to ensure accountability and increased capacity as well as credibility of the RSPO;
- To develop and periodically review and update RSPO training materials, determining appropriateness and relevance to all or any changes to the RSPO requirements, standard and system;
- Evaluate the performance and methodologies of current instructors/service providers whilst providing recommendations for improvement in methods and training approaches;
- To map out annual training schedules and plan and to socialise these plans with relevant stakeholders;
- To develop Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness, success and ROI of the trainings periodically and report on them;
- To build partnerships and cooperate with external like- minded stakeholders (i.e. training institutions, government agencies, universities), to ensure the trainings reflect local realities;
- To collaborate with other departments (e.g. Assurance, Standard Development, etc) to design training modules for RSPO members and service providers to improve understanding of RSPO requirements.
- To develop and manage web- based platforms and delivery tools that ensure efficient and cost- effective training delivery;
- To ensure all logistics are organised including but not limited to information technology, equipment and course enrolment;
- Manage costs/budgets for all programmes, productions, and publications in order to report to the relevant stakeholders regarding a return on investment.
- To develop a communication strategy plan to ensure that training programmes and socialisation/marketing materials are communicated in a timely manner and outcomes are reported to internal and external stakeholders.
Apart from the tasks stated above, to perform any duty/duties reasonably assigned.
The successful applicant
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, preferably a Master’s degree or higher.
- Significant work experience in the training and/or capacity building sector or other similar roles.
Technical & Professional knowledge
- Track records in designing and executing successful training programmes
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (monitoring, coaching etc)
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to plan establish and maintain effective working relationships and interact with different stakeholders.
- Proficiency in English with good communication skills
- Ability to establish cooperation and rapport with internal and external parties of different background and/or nationalities.
- High integrity and good team player
- Goal oriented and organized
- Self- motivated and self- directed
- Ability to manage a team under pressure
- Strong in strategic and negotiation skills
- Sense of pride and ownership in own performance and its impacts on the organisation success
What’s on offer
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with a highly lucrative remuneration package. Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role which offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited send in their most updated CV giving comprehensive details of education with emphasis on related achievements to email@example.com