IIX (Impact Investment Exchange) and IIX Foundation have played a pioneering role in developing and leading the global impact investing space. IIX and IIX Foundation’s work is focused on women empowerment, climate action and opportunity for disadvantaged communities — all under the umbrella of inclusive finance. Over the past decade, we have operated a vibrant equity crowd funding platform (Impact Partners), innovative financial products such as the Women’s Livelihood Bond, created award-winning technical assistance programs such as IIX ACTS, delivered over 40 research papers, conducted a popular Impact Institute (where we teach about impact investing/innovative finance), over 140+ impact assessments — all of which have unlocked close to $100 million of private sector capital, avoided over a million tonnes of carbon and impacted over 24 million lives creating livelihood, providing access to finance, and bringing affordable education, healthcare, agriculture, healthcare and water to the remotest corners of the world. IIX has received numerous awards for its work including the Oslo Business for Peace Award, the Nobel Prize for Business.
For more information about IIX, please visit www.iixglobal.com.
About a career with IIX:
You will join a highly effective team that provides you with an un-paralleled hands-on exposure to the Impact Investing and Social Finance space.
When you join IIX, you embark on a rewarding career of doing good for the world where we also heavily invest in your professional development as we will build on your strengths and help you gain new skills with training, coaching, encouragement and guiding you in the right direction.
You WANT to instigate change.
As a successful team member, you should be:
- Mission driven: Commitment to sustainable development and innovative finance as a path to unlock society’s potential to effect social change is essential for a happy and successful tenure at IIX.
- Results oriented: At IIX, we manage toward impact maximisation and produce measurable returns. These results strengthen the ecosystem and transform existing realities by helping impact enterprises magnify their impact and scale.
- Resourceful: While IIX is a seasoned stakeholder in the impact enterprise and impact investing space in Asia, we pride ourselves on creating opportunities. Being resourceful and skilled at mobilising human, financial and political resources to achieve IIX’s mission is a key part of the role.
Some of our clients include foundations such as the Rockefeller Foundation and Bank of America-Merrill Lynch Foundation, corporations such as Standard Chartered Bank and KKR, international non-profits such as Oxfam and World Vision, multilateral institutions such as the Asian Development Bank, UN Agencies such as UNDP, and government agencies such as USAID (US gov’t) , Sida (Swedish gov’t), and DFAT (Australian gov’t).
We are looking to expand our team and bring on board dynamic individuals who are excellent communicators, critical thinkers and effective doers who naturally builds relationships that lead to results.
We have a small and energetic, innovation driven team, and this is a roll-up-your-sleeves kind of role. You should be a resourceful problem solver who knows how to push the envelope and embrace new challenges. As a member of our dynamic team, you will help implement international development programs, contribute to research and advisory pieces, liaise with donors, manage short-term projects, organise stakeholder gatherings, expand/gain field experiences, and cultivate stakeholder relationships.
The position is based in Singapore and the successful candidate will report directly to the Founder and CEO of IIX.
To be a successful Associate with IIX, you should have:
- At least 4+ years of relevant work experience.
- International development experience: Experience working in management consulting, financial institutions or with an internationally focused foundation, corporate foundation, non-profit, or bilateral or multilateral donor is preferred.
- Operational experience: Experience working in or with growth-stage enterprises, ideally as an entrepreneur.
- Bachelors/Masters in any relevant liberal arts subjects, Business Administration or Public Policy.
- Demonstrated technical expertise and professional experience working in one of IIX’s five priority sectors: energy, agriculture, water, health, and education.
- Experience in fund-raising and winning advisory assignments
- Field level development work experience, preferably in Asia and the Pacific.
- Positive, proactive and self-motivated attitude with a willingness to learn.
- Excellent proficiency working in Word, Powerpoint, and Excel.
- Singaporeans and Singapore PR candidates preferred, although we can consider candidates based in South and South East Asia.
- Availability for travel.
Submission: Please submit a resume, cover letter, your college/university transcripts and a one-page writing sample to email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be considered and contacted by a member of the IIX team for an interview to discuss your skills, interest and experiences. You will also be requested to complete a writing exercise. IIX is an equal opportunity employer.Only candidates who are excellent writers, critical thinkers and energetic team players will be successful at IIX.