We are seeking an Associate Director with experience working in the field of responsible and sustainable business in Singapore and the wider Asia Pacific (APAC) region.
Working closely with and supporting the Director, the Associate Director will manage the delivery of a portfolio of client projects, develop client relationships and new business opportunities and support the development of a strong team of colleagues across APAC.
This is a rare opportunity to work with a wide range of projects and clients in the sustainability space where you will have the opportunity to develop your career in an energising and fun environment.
- Delivering multiple projects of medium to high complexity across a range of service areas, including sustainability strategy development, sustainability reporting and impact measurement.
- Deploying a range of consultancy skills and techniques to ensuring that client needs are understood and met or surpassed.
- Presenting and facilitating conversations with senior client audiences.
- Building deep relationships with senior client contacts
- Developing and managing budgets for client work, as well as overseeing a project team delivering client work.
2. Business Development
- Finding opportunities to deepen and grow client work the use of consultative selling.
- Proactively developing business networks (including internationally) to develop new opportunities.
- Leading on the development of proposals, pitching, contract negotiations and the closing new business opportunities.
- Contributing to the reputation and positioning of Corporate Citizenship in the market as a thought leader through external communications e.g. speaking at conferences, writing editorials, social media articles, blogs etc.
- Supporting the Director in Singapore to lead and develop the team, championing Corporate Citizenship’s culture and shared vision
- Line-management, including developing and appraising direct reports, providing coaching and mentoring to build knowledge and capability, etc.
- Contributing to the ongoing development of Corporate Citizenships global service offerings and expertise.
- Developing self as a subject matter expert in one or more areas of responsible and sustainable business – e.g. social impact measurement.
- Acting as first point of contact for new business and taking the lead on thought leadership for area of subject matter expertise.
- Proactively contributing to knowledge-sharing on that subject, both internally and externally.
Knowledge, skills and experience (preferred background to do the job)
- Eight years or more of experience working in a relevant role.
- Strong business knowledge and change management capability, able to translate strategy into practical actions.
- Strategic thinker, able to see the bigger picture and to recognise and act on the wider implications of actions.
- Demonstrates problem-solving skills, including analytical and creative thinking.
Experienced in client project delivery and all stages in the consulting process.
Subject matter expertise in one or more areas of the responsible and sustainable business agenda.
- Effective people development and team management skills.
Competency Profile (what does it take to get the job done)
- Behaves and make decisions in line with Corporate Citizenship’s culture and values:
- We are open and honest
- We are innovative
- We ‘show up and step up’
- We value relationships
- We are keen to learn
- We walk the talk
a) Reviews and predicts potential issues and addresses them proactively
b) The ability to work well as part of a team
c) Interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
d) The ability to cope with pressure and challenges
Terms and location
A competitive reward package will be offered. The post is a full-time position, based in Singapore and with flexibility to travel regularly for business in the region.