Eco-Business is looking for a seasoned journalist and editor to join its editorial team at its office based at 2 Science Park Drive, Ascent.
Established in 2009, Eco-Business is Asia Pacific’s leading media organisation on sustainable development. Its independent journalism unit publishes high quality, trusted news and views that advance dialogue and enables measurable impact on a wide range of sustainable development and responsible business issues.
It is headquartered in Singapore, with a presence in Manila, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and Hong Kong.
Eco-Business owns and operates the award-winning platform, www.eco-business.com, which attracts more than 150,000 page views per month from a senior audience. We also have 86,000 active subscribers to our global weekly newsletter and manage large, well-engaged social media channels assets.
We keep our information free for readers by generating revenue from advertising, marketing, custom event production, multimedia and video production, training, research and consulting. We help our partners build their knowledge on sustainable development, enable them to foster strong relationships with their stakeholders, establish thought leadership and drive measurable impact.
Reporting to the Managing Editor and Deputy Editor, you will assist in the company’s daily editorial production, including writing news and feature stories, managing and writing for Eco-Business’s social media assets, and helping to deliver all editorial projects including branded content.
Your duties will include pre-sale research, concepting and ideation of branded content projects; presenting to partners and leading meetings; brainstorming, reporting, writing and editing branded content; as well as developing and managing our editorial network.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and creating high-quality content – news, opinion, videos, visuals – for Eco-Business’s community.
- Reporting, writing and editing stories, narratives, explainers, video documentary concepts and/or data visualisations
- Leading meetings to present editorial findings, content concepts, and works in progress
- Social media management, LinkedIn group management, and reader engagement via comments and tweets.
- Leading conception and writing for audience development of programs across all distribution platforms
- Creating high-quality content in collaboration with other editors, writers, video producers, content strategists, producers, developers, salespeople and other team members.
- Presenting at or moderating industry and Eco-Business events.
- Some travel may be required occasionally.
- A keen interest and experience in covering sustainability and development issues.
- A university degree in English, Literature, Communication Studies, or any other relevant field.
- At least five years of journalism experience in the newsroom of an established media outlet, or a freelancer with a portfolio of work published in reputable media outlets.
- A proven track record of identifying and writing creative and original news stories, and successful follow-up to promote them amongst readers and social media users.
- The ability to multi-task and cope with tight newsroom deadlines.
- Extremely meticulous, able to spot the smallest of language errors, have a keen eye for detail and accuracy, and superb written and spoken English language skills.
- Familiarity with design and web tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, HTML and CSS, as well as photography and video-editing skills will be considered favourably
- Confident presentation skills, able to articulate abstract ideas clearly, and guide partners through the creative process, from pre-sales to project wrap
- Cultivate an expanding network of expert writers, editors and contributors
- Maintain knowledge of new or evolving branded content trends and information
- Avid consumer of media of all types
- Has a sense of humour
- A proactive attitude and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the willingness to contribute to the success of a small but dynamic organisation.
- Passion for and knowledge of the Eco-Business brand
All shortlisted applicants will be required to do a writing test before proceeding to interviews.
This role is only for Singaporeans or Singapore PRs based in Singapore.
To apply, please send a covering letter, CV, and samples of your work to Jessica Cheam, Managing Editor, at email@example.com