Eco-Businessiis Asia Pacific’s leading independent media organisation dedicated to reporting on sustainable development and responsible business in the region.
Our organisation works with businesses, governments and non-profit organisations in several ways. Our online marketing solutions help our partners in global brand building, stakeholder engagement and sophisticated thought leadership positioning. These include branded content, banner advertising, EDMs, social media engagement and multimedia content solutions.
Our Research and Consulting team also works with businesses to gain a deeper understanding of their markets and the relevant sustainability issues that impact their business and the wider society. In this vein, we run high-level roundtables, open dialogues and sustainability workshops that enable our clients to build influence, engage stakeholders and ultimately, support the sustainable development agenda.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our team and lead our editorial coverage as well as branded content projects.
This role requires solid newsroom experience and impeccable English writing and speaking skills. You will work with a wide range of newsmakers and partners from public, private and multilateral organisations across the world.
You must have an excellent news sense, be able to write and edit to the highest standards to tight deadlines, be a team player, and possess a keen interest in sustainable development and how it relates to the business world.
Reporting to the Managing Director and working with the Deputy Editor, you will be responsible for the editorial coverage of Eco-Business as well as branded content production.
You will assist in the company’s daily editorial production, including writing news and feature stories, managing and writing for Eco-Busines’social media assets, and helping to deliver all editorial projects including branded content.
Your duties will include pre-sale research, concepting and ideation of branded content projects; presenting to partners and leading meetings; brainstorming, reporting, writing and editing branded content; as well as developing and managing our editorial network.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and creating high-quality content – news, opinion, videos, visuals – for Eco-Business’s community.
- Reporting, writing and editing stories, narratives, explainers, video documentary concepts and/or data visualisations
- Leading meetings to present editorial findings, content concepts, and works in progress
- Social media management, LinkedIn group management, and reader engagement via comments and tweets.
- Leading the conception of branded content projects across all distribution platforms
- Creating high-quality content in collaboration with other editors, writers, video producers, content strategists, producers, developers, salespeople and other team members.
- Developing and managing the Eco-Business network of correspondents across the globe
- Presenting at or moderating industry and Eco-Business events.
- Some travel may be required occasionally.
The role is based in Singapore. Some travel may be required occasionally.
All shortlisted applicants will be required to do a writing, editing and video test.
Please send a covering letter and CV to Managing Director Jessica Cheam, email@example.com; Deputy Managing Director Junice Yeo, firstname.lastname@example.org and Operations Manager Monique Armstrong, email@example.com.
Application deadline is 30 September. Immediate availability is favourable.
This role is open to Singapore citizens/PR or those eligible for a Letter of Consent (LOC).
We look forward to your application!