Eco-Business is looking for a committed individual to join the team and lead its operations in Greater China. As the head of Eco-Business China, this individual will be focused on building partnerships opportunities in research, advisory, and engagement with organisations in Greater China. This is a role for an individual self-starter who is fluent in both English and Mandarin, ideally based in mainland China. There is career progression opportunity to be a senior member of the global team in this role.
Eco-Business China is part of Eco-Business, Asia Pacific’s leading media and business intelligence organisation dedicated to sustainable development. Eco-Business is headquartered in Singapore with a presence in Beijing, Manila, Kuala Lumpur, Zurich, and correspondents in major cities across the world. www.Eco-Business.com
You will be responsible for overseeing growth and performance of Eco-Business’s ESG Intelligence business activities in the Greater China region.
The role requires the individual to possess a track record in securing partnerships, research and/or consulting. We are seeking an individual who is strong at client relationship management, and who possesses a keen interest in sustainable development and how it relates to the business world. You will join our global team who support our regional projects, and must be able to operate independently to deliver high quality work.
The role enables individuals to also acquire core ESG (environmental, social, and governance) skills on the job. Mid-career professionals who are keen to explore new prospects in sustainability are welcome to apply. The role is open to those seeking remote, flexible, contract-based positions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Building the Eco-Business ESG Intelligence brand in China. This entails conceptualising solutions that cater to our target audience in the market.
- Promoting Eco-Business’s suite of products in-market, including marketing solutions, branded content, events, research, consulting, and training solutions
- Leading meetings to present sustainability insights, concepts for solutions, and briefings on key ESG topics
- Cultivating a role as a thought leader in ESG in the region, focused on engaging followers on key ESG topics on Eco-Business’s main social media platforms
- Developing a strong, authoritative presence on social media channels to increase engagement
- Leading on client delivery work related to research, advisory and engagement solutions
- Working with the global editorial team on projects related to content development
- Presenting at or moderating industry and Eco-Business events
- Supporting the team in project delivery where required
- Some travel may be required occasionally.
- A university degree in Business, Humanities, Economics, Environment or any other relevant field.
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in business, non-profit organisations or government agencies
- Proven track record in client relationship management and/or consulting
- Strong spoken and written abilities in Chinese and English
- Good local network in sustainability and/or a related field
- Strong knowledge of using China’s social media. Experience in other global social media platforms would be advantage.
- Native or near-native fluency in the Chinese language
- Strong written and spoken English language skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the willingness to contribute to the success of a dynamic organisation.
- Meticulous with accuracy and detail, able to spot the smallest of language errors
- A proactive attitude and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
We are especially looking for someone who is:
- Confident at presentation skills, with the ability to articulate abstract ideas clearly, and guide partners through the creative process, from conceptualisation to project wrap
- Excellent in English speaking and writing skills
- An avid consumer of media of all types
- Have a sense of humour
All shortlisted applicants will be required to do a writing test and/or video test before proceeding to interviews.