IIX is a global organization dedicated to building a more inclusive world by changing financial systems and innovating solutions for women empowerment, climate action, and community resilience. Over the past decade, we have built the world’s largest crowdfunding platform for impact investing (Impact Partners), created innovative financial products such as the Women’s Livelihood Bond, operated award-winning enterprise technical assistance programs such as IIX ACTS, and established an Impact Institute for training and education. To date, our work has spanned 46 countries, unlocked US$127 million of private sector capital to support 150+ enterprises, avoided over a million tons of carbon and impacted over 77 million direct and household lives. The foundation of IIX’s work is its proprietary Impact Assessment which effectively measures the social and environmental impact of the investment and gives value to the voices of the underserved. IIX has received numerous awards for its work including the Oslo Business for Peace Award, the ‘Nobel Prize for Business.’
For more information about IIX, please visit www.iixglobal.com.
About a career with IIX:
You will join a highly effective team that provides you with an un-paralleled hands-on exposure to the Impact Investing and Social Finance space. You thrive in tackling development issues and excel in creating solutions using structured strategies and unprecedented programs that address and solve the world’s most pressing problems, from food security to inclusive finance to clean energy. You aim to become a global development leader who has a passion for international development and to get involved in work that makes a difference.
When you join IIX as an Associate or Analyst, you embark on a rewarding career where we are heavily invested in your professional development, as we will build on your strengths and help you gain new skills with training, coaching, encouragement and guiding you in the right direction. It is a value addition to advance your career, providing you invaluable exposure to the rapidly growing impact investing space.
You WANT to instigate change.
As a successful team member, you should be:
- Mission driven: Commitment to social finance and impact investing as a path to unlock society’s potential to effect social change is essential for a happy and successful tenure at IIX.
- Results oriented: At IIX, we manage toward impact maximization and produce measurable returns. These results strengthen the ecosystem and transform existing realities by helping impact enterprises magnify their impact and scale.
- Resourceful: While IIX is a seasoned stakeholder in the impact enterprise and impact investing space in Asia, we pride ourselves on creating opportunities. Being resourceful and skilled at mobilizing human, financial and political resources to achieve IIX’s mission is a key part of the role.
Some of our clients include foundations such as the Rockefeller Foundation and Bank of America-Merrill Lynch Foundation, corporations such as Standard Chartered Bank and KKR, international non-profits such as Oxfam and World Vision, multilateral institutions such as the Asian Development Bank, UN Agencies such as UNDP, and government agencies such as USAID and Sida.
Duties and Responsibilities:
IIX seeks an analyst/associate to join the Impact Partners division of IIX. The analyst/associate will work with the team in the Singapore Headquarters to work with social enterprises to effectively raise capital while building and engaging a network of Impact Investors that are actively looking to invest in social enterprises through IIX’s platforms. The role will also require originating SE investment opportunities for IIX platforms.
As an analyst/associate with our Impact Partners Team, you will have the following responsibilities:
- You will assist the team to source and evaluate IEs to build a healthy pipeline in the key sectors for Indonesia, and in screening IEs on investment readiness criteria
- You will assist the team to provide strategic and structured guidance to SEs to understand their financial and operational positions, making the appropriate recommendations to IIX to list the related deal(s) on the Impact Partners deal platform
- You will also be providing technical assistance to help SEs become investor ready, assisting in financial structuring and modelling as well as playing a role in determining and negotiating financial aspects of the deal closing process.
- You will also be expected to originate SE investment opportunities for the IIX platforms and assessing the social impact of SEs
- You are also expected to be an active member of IIX and contribute to the overall development of IIX by collaborating with other strategic initiatives and organization-wide operational efforts
Candidates with additional experience may be considered for the Manager role.
- For analysts, at least an undergraduate degree in Business Management or a similar field, with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar field. Fresh Graduates are welcome to apply.
For Associates, a minimum of 4 years of combined experience in corporate finance, business development, management consulting or similar experience
- Strong analytical abilities, both qualitative and quantitative. Knowledge in financial modelling and analysis is required.
- Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral.
- Entrepreneurial mindset; self-starter comfortable working in a dynamic environment.
- Professional communication skills in English; additional languages highly desirable.
- Desire to work in a collaborative, high-performing team environment, building relationships with other team members and managing a range of responsibilities.
- Must be a team player, with a passion for entrepreneurship and market-based solutions to poverty, and an understanding of the challenges of investing in the markets we serve.
- Positive and self-motivated attitude.
- Must be experienced and comfortable working in Word, Powerpoint, and Excel.
- Must be citizen of Indonesia.
- Must provide two professional references whom IIX may contact during the recruitment process. The candidates should be able to provide last drawn salary pay slip.
- Availability for travel.
- Fluency or proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia and English
- You should be highly motivated to work in a collaborative, high-performing team environment, building relationships with other team members and managing a range of responsibilities and take ownership of the tasks assigned to you.
Start Date: Immediate. The position is based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Submission: Please submit a cover letter, a resume and your college transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisted candidates are also expected to complete a technical knowledge assessment prior to meeting a member of the IIX team for interviews. IIX is an equal opportunity employer.