IIX is a global organisation dedicated to building a more inclusive world by changing financial systems and innovating solutions for women empowerment, climate action, and community resilience. Over the past decade, we have built the world’s largest crowdfunding platform for impact investing (Impact Partners), created innovative financial products such as the Women’s Livelihood Bond, operated award-winning enterprise technical assistance programs such as IIX ACTS, and established an Impact Institute for training and education. To date, our work has spanned 46 countries, unlocked US$127 million of private sector capital to support 150+ enterprises, avoided over a million tons of carbon and impacted over 77 million direct and household lives. The foundation of IIX’s work is its proprietary Impact Assessment which effectively measures the social and environmental impact of the investment and gives value to the voices of the underserved. IIX has received numerous awards for its work including the Oslo Business for Peace Award, the ‘Nobel Prize for Business.’
For more information about IIX, please visit <a href=”http://www.iixglobal.com”>www.iixglobal.com</a>.
About IIX Social Sustainability Bonds™
IIX Social Sustainability Bonds™ are uniquely structured fixed-income financial instruments which pool together a group of high-impact enterprises and issues a collective bond. These bonds differ from traditional Social Impact Bonds as they mobilize private sector capital to generate positive social impact worldwide, offer financial returns independent of social outcomes, and are able to be listed on both social and traditional stock exchanges.
The Women’s Livelihood Bonds (WLB), conceptualized and structured by IIX, is supported by a diverse range of stakeholders from the public, private, and philanthropic sector including DBS Bank Ltd, ANZ Banking Group, the Rockefeller Foundation, the Clinton Global Initiative, U.S Agency for International Development’s (USAID), the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), Shearman & Sterling, Hogan Lovells, and the Japan Research Institute, among others. The bond aims to support a select group of high-impact enterprises and microfinance institutions in Cambodia, Vietnam, and the Philippines. This innovative US$8 million bond is the first in a series of IIX Social Sustainability Bonds™ and is projected to empower over 385,000 women across Southeast Asia through increased credit access, market linkages, and affordable goods and services.
For more information, please visit www.iixglobal.com.
About a career with IIX:
You will join a highly effective team that provides you with an un-paralleled hands-on exposure to the Impact Investing and Social Finance space. You thrive in applying finance skills to tackle development issues and excel in creating solutions using structured strategies and innovative programs that address and solve the world’s most pressing problems, from food security to inclusive finance to clean energy. You aim to become a global development leader who has a passion for international development and to get involved in work that makes a difference.
When you join IIX, you embark on a rewarding career where we are heavily invested in your professional development, as we will build on your strengths and help you gain new skills with training, coaching, encouragement and guiding you in the right direction. It is a value addition to advance your career, providing you invaluable exposure to the rapidly growing impact investing space.
You WANT to instigate change.
As a successful team member, you should be:
- Mission driven: Commitment to social finance and impact investing as a path to unlock society’s potential to effect social change is essential for a happy and successful tenure at IIX.
- Results oriented: At IIX, we manage toward impact maximization and produce measurable returns. These results strengthen the ecosystem and transform existing realities by helping impact enterprises magnify their impact and scale.
- Resourceful: While IIX is a seasoned stakeholder in the impact enterprise and impact investing space in Asia, we pride ourselves on creating new opportunities. Being resourceful and skilled at mobilizing human, financial and political resources to achieve IIX’s mission is a key part of the role.
Some of our clients include foundations such as the Rockefeller Foundation and Bank of America-Merrill Lynch Foundation, corporations such as Standard Chartered Bank and KKR, international non-profits such as Oxfam and World Vision, multilateral institutions such as the Asian Development Bank, UN Agencies such as UNDP, and government agencies such as USAID and Sida.
IIX is currently developing various funding vehicles, following the successful Women’s Livelihood Bond (WLB) in July 2017, to provide financing to IEs and microfinance institutions (MFIs) in Asia.
Duties and Responsibilities:
IIX seeks both a Credit Portfolio Management Analyst/Associate who will lead/support the credit process for IIX’s lending products, including its existing and future Women’s Livelihood Bond loan portfolios. The successful candidates will be involved in both monitoring the performance of existing loan portfolios for outstanding bond instruments and for identifying and analysing prospective new borrowers as IIX expands its lending activities.
Monitoring activities will include liaising with borrowers to monitor financial performance and compliance with covenants as well as the preparation of quarterly and annual financial reports for submission to investors and program partners. The successful candidates will track and assess the borrowers’ performance and share accurate results and frequent progress updates with investors and partners. This individual serves as part of the first line of defense in identifying and mitigating obligor’s risk in existing and proposed debt products.
Credit analysis related to new lending activities will include helping to identify potential borrowers – including both microfinance institutions and other high-impact enterprises in the region – and to analysing these potential borrowers based on IIX’s lending criteria. The individuals will work directly with teammates in the Innovative Finance team to drive credit analysis, underwriting of credit exposure and active risk management of the credit portfolio. This individual will provide subject matter expertise and manage the overall delivery of lending products to assigned clients.
- Perform credit analysis on IEs and MFIs shortlisted as potential borrowers under the Sustainability Bonds program.
- Provide financial analysis and full credit reports on selected IEs and MFIs.
- Assist and manage the credit process on identified debt product opportunities.
- Monitor and manage the obligors in the credit portfolio underlying IIX Sustainability Bonds. This will include liaising with borrowers to monitor financial performance and compliance with covenants as well as the preparation of quarterly and annual financial reports for submission to investors and program partners
- Oversee ongoing monitoring of existing portfolio by being accountable for periodic assessments and other servicing requirement, including tracking and assessing the borrowers’ performance and share accurate results and frequent progress updates with investors and partners.
In addition, the Credit Portfolio Management Analyst/Associate will support the structuring and development of new bond instruments and other funding vehicles that IIX may develop, while also contributing to IIX’s other strategic initiatives and organization-wide operational efforts, such as partnership and/or product development.
The position is expected to be based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Qualifications for the Analyst/Associate position:
- Minimum 3-4 years of combined experience as a Credit Analyst in a financial institution or an international accounting firm, or similar experience in, a management consultancy firm or a similar type of private sector experience.
- MBA or graduate degree, with a business, finance or accounting major preferred.
- Strong financial analysis and investment structuring skills
- Ability to prepare written memos and reports fluently in English
- Ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral
- High comfort level working in a relatively flat, non-hierarchical environment
- Must be citizen of Indonesia
- Able to provide two professional references whom IIX can contact during the recruitment process
- Experience living and working in a variety of cultures, particularly in Asia. Time spent in developing countries is an advantage.
- International development and/or impact enterprise or MFI experience
- Academic or professional experience with IIX sector specializations (including renewable energy, sustainable agriculture, inclusive finance, technology access, rural healthcare services, education)
- Fluency or proficiency in one or more regional languages, including Bahasa Indonesia
Candidates with additional experience may be considered for the Manager role.
Submission: Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be considered and contacted by a member of the IIX team for interviews after completing a short assessment test. IIX is an equal opportunity employer.