Open Position: Consultant, Research and Advisory, IIX
Location: Singapore or Myanmar preferred
Impact Investment Exchange (IIX) is the pioneer in impact investing and the global leader in sustainability. We have transformed the financial system so that women, the environment and underserved communities are finally given a value and a voice in the global market.
Over the past decade, we have built the world’s largest crowdfunding platform for impact investing (Impact Partners), created innovative financial products such as the Women’s Livelihood Bond Series, digitized our impact assessment to effectively measure and value the impact of an enterprise on people and planet through IIX Values, operated award-winning enterprise technical assistance programs such as IIX ACTS, and established an Impact Institute for training and education.
To date, our work has spanned 46 countries, unlocked close to US$200 million of private sector capital, and positively impacted over 80 million direct and household lives. IIX has received numerous awards for its work including the Oslo Business for Peace Award, the ‘Nobel Prize for Business.’
For more information, please visit www.iixglobal.com.
Duties and responsibilities:
IIX is seeking a mission-driven, results-oriented, and resourceful Research and Advisory Consultant who is based in Myanmar, or have had experience working on projects in Myanmar. The Consultant will augment a highly effective, hands-on team responsible for preparing a report to facilitate fair and responsible investment and trade in goods and services between Myanmar, US, and other country partners.
The consultant will be part of the team working to complete an assessment of the investment ecosystem in Myanmar which supports small and growing businesses to identify sources of capital (debt, equity, corporate investments), gather information on investor requirements, and identify alignments between sources of capital and priority sectors under the program. The analysis will collect information on loan products specific to agriculture, SMEs, and trade, and measure their utilisation, including the differences in usage/uptake by women and men-owned SMEs and institutional constraints inhibiting financial deepening, including collateral requirements.
Duration: The duration for the position is 3 months (with the potential to work on future advisory projects) commences August 2020.
- MBA or graduate degree in a related area, with excellent written and spoken English language skills
- 5-8 years of experience doing research projects on social enterprises or impact investing
- Familiarity with the Myanmar macroeconomic, national development agenda, and social enterprise landscape across sectors
- Strong research and analytical skills with the ability to present information in an insightful and structured manner, both written and oral
- Proven ability to think of out of the box and develop creative solutions to problems with no precedent to follow
- Work and/or educational experience in Myanmar (especially with government bodies and/or social enterprises)
- Good understanding of the impact investing space
- Experience in international development and/or impact investment is preferred
- Time spent in working on issues affecting underserved women (low-income, rural, minority)
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com; a writing sample is optional. Qualified candidates will be considered and contacted by a member of the IIX team for interviews. IIX is an equal opportunity employer.