For those with an interest in water risk and opportunity this is a must read.The report provides a global assessment of water stress and its implications for the apparel supply chain. It concludes that there is an urgent human, environmental and business case for accelerating water management improvements in the apparel sector in light of an increasingly water constrained world. It describes current practice and future opportunities - technological, financial, policy, advocacy and collaborative - to reduce the water footprint of apparel and textiles.
The Sustainable Business Group produced the report for GLASA with input from industry experts across apparel, government, academia and NGOs. The report is open to consultation during summer 2015. GLASA welcome feedback from global experts and stakeholders. You can find the report and a template for providing feedback http://glasaaward.org/award-2015/ . The deadline for feedback is September 1, 2015.
The GLASA symposium and awards will discuss the apparel water challenge and next steps on August 27 2015 in Stockholm, Sweden, in conjunction with World Water Week.GLASA has chosen the followingfive finalists which represent innovations in the award categories. An award winner will be selected at the symposium.
- China Water Risk - Works in the area of advocacy and investor engagement;
- Dyecoo - Offers a radical innovation - waterless dyeing;
- Levi Strauss & Co. - Attacks water challenges systematically, from cotton fields to consumer use;
- Pratibha Syntex - Has invested in vertical integration and the holistic management of water;
- Sweden Textile Water Initiative - Established a model for how brands, suppliers, government and technology providers can collaborate to reduce water use.
More Information: http://glasaaward.org/award-2015/