Registration is now open for the 3rd Sustainable Ocean Summit (SOS) – the World Ocean Council (WOC) global ocean business community conference on responsible ocean industry operations – at http://www.oceancouncil.org/site/summit_2015/
The international ocean business community will gather at SOS 2015 to advance leadership and collaboration on industry-driven solutions to ocean sustainability challenges, with a focus on “Sustainable Development and Growing the Blue Economy - the Next 50 Years”.
Sponsorship opportunities are available for SOS 2015 – the only global, multi-industry leadership event on “Corporate Ocean Responsibility” – at http://www.oceancouncil.org/site/summit_2015/
Conference space is limited so register early to secure a place at this unique, timely multi-industry event. For a limited time, the SOS 2015 venue – the Marina Mandarin hotel – has special conference room rates available.
The draft SOS 2015 conference program includes the following proposed sessions:
- Ocean Sustainability Investment and Innovation Opportunities
- Ocean Executive Forum
- SOS Site Spotlight: Singapore and the Blue Economy
- Ocean Futures: New Ocean Ventures in the Next 50 Years
- Sector Spotlight 1: Marine Mining - Opportunities and Challenges for a New Ocean Industry
- Sector Spotlight 2: Offshore Oil and Gas - Improving Interaction on Environmental Challenges Across the Entire Value Chain
- Regional Spotlight: SE Asia and Coral Reefs - Responsible Ocean Industry Operations in the ”Coral Triangle”
- Ocean Policy and Governance: Creating an Informed and Engaged Ocean Business Community
- Marine Spatial Planning/Ocean Zoning: Ensuring that Ocean Planning Engages Ocean Industries
- Sound and the Marine Environment: Creating a Global, Multi-Industry Approach
- Marine Debris: Reducing the Industry Input of Plastics and Other by Ensuring Adequate Port Reception Facilities
- BioFouling and Invasive Species: Understanding and Addressing a Global, Multi-Industry Issue
- Smart Ocean-Smart Industries: Industry Data Collection to Improve the Understanding of the Ocean, Weather and Climate
- Sea Level Rise/Extreme Events: Port and Coastal Infrastructure Adaptation and Resiliency
- Enhancing the Ocean’s Roles as a Carbon Sink: The Business Case
- Arctic: Business Leadership and Collaboration for Responsible Arctic Development
- Fisheries and Extractive Industries: Understanding the Interactions and Resolving the Conflicts
- Rig Decommissioning and Vessel Recycling: Exploring the Synergies
Presentation abstracts may be submitted at http://www.oceancouncil.org/site/summit_2015/ .
The WOC is especially seeking presentations by and for the ocean business community and will give preference to presentations from private sector representatives. Proposed presentations from government agencies, intergovernmental bodies, research or academic institutions, NGOs or others who are working closely with ocean industries will also be considered.
SOS 2015 will bring together a wide range of ocean industries, including: shipping, oil and gas, fisheries, aquaculture, tourism, offshore renewable energy, marine mining, ports, dredging, submarine cables, marine science/technology, biotechnology, the maritime legal, financial and insurance communities, and others.