The Sustainable Ocean Summit (SOS) will bring together the growing number of investors, innovation initiatives and challenge competitions focused on ocean sustainability to foster the interaction and synergies needed to tackle global ocean issues.
The SOS 2015 session on “Investment and Innovation” aims to:
- Catalyse interaction among ocean users, solution providers and investors to identify ocean sustainability investment needs and opportunities.
- Facilitate synergies and economies of scale among investors, innovation initiatives and challenge competitions to more effectively address ocean sustainability.
- Foster mechanism for identifying ocean industry priorities for investment in sustainability solutions.
The session will be chaired by Kevin Oates, Managing Director, Marine Money Asia, and will kick off with Charles Goddard presenting the results of the Economist Intelligence Unit report on “Investing in the Blue Economy”.
The session presentations will highlight different scales and mechanisms for ocean sustainability investment and innovation:
- Industry-funded investment partnerships for growth stage companies developing technology, products and services (Green Marine Capital)
- Issue or sector specific funding for industry transformation (Clean Marine Energy)
- Government investment in innovation for the Blue Economy (innovationXchange, Australia)
- Multilateral institutions and Blue Economyinvestment and innovation (World Bank)
- Private market investment in ocean-sustaining businesses and projects (Agawa Partners)
In addition to the above session, the WOC is organizing a side meeting/workshop for ocean sustainability initiatives and investors at the SOS. The workshop will explore developing a network to facilitate interaction, synergies and efficiencies. Interested parties should contact: email@example.com