Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam upgrading their transmission and distribution systems
With many emerging markets upgrading their transmission and distribution systems, smart grid investments are growing immensely in Asia. According to recent research from the Northeast Group LLC, the global opportunities for smart grid investment in emerging markets the coming years are estimated at USD66 Billion with many of these opportunities predicted to be found in Asia.
Returning to Bangkok on 22-23 May 2013, the 8th edition of Transmission & Distribution / Smart Grids Asia (Co-located with Metering, Billing / CRM Asia) will again serve as the premier platform for next generation electricity utilities stakeholders in Asia, focusing on regional and global developments for the optimal operations, maintenance and upgrading of our transmission and distribution networks.
Transmission & Distribution / Smart Grids Asia will gather top-level speakers representing the utility industry from all over the world, focusing on opportunities within Asia.
“The Vietnam National Power Transmission Corporation (NPT) is planning to invest 16.9 trillion Vietnamese dong (US$810.5ml) in the power transmission system in 2013”, says Daria La Valle, Project Director for Transmission & Distribution / Smart Grids Asia.
“In addition, The Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (EGAT) has recently announced capital spending of THB300bn (approx. US$10bn) over the next five years with two-thirds of the total going to upgrading the 40-year-old transmission lines”, continues La Valle.
“And the Philippines’ electricity distributor MERALCO plans to spend some US$7ml for the full rollout of its prepaid electricity metering system to 40,000 residential customers”.
Speaker Highlights include:
- Gyozo Kmethy, President, DLMS User Association, Switzerland
- Titiporn Sangpetch, Head of Distribution System Connection Planning Section, Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand
- Prof. Emeritus Dr. Direk Lavansiri, Chairman, Energy Regulatory Commission, Thailand
- Ramy Soussou, Deputy CEO, Energy Retailers Association of Australia
- Ratanarojana Thavisin, Assistant Governor, Metropolitan Electricity Authority, Thailand
- Jose Antonio Valdez, Vice President and Head of Marketing, Customer Solutions and Innovations, Meralco, Philippines
- Narong Tantichayakorn, Deputy Director, Provincial Electricity Authority, Thailand
- Damitha Kumarasinghe, Director General, Public Utilities Commission of Sri Lanka
- Dwijadas Basak, General Manager, Tata Power Delhi Distribution, India
- Kamaliah Abdul Kadir, Senior General Manager (Customer Service Management), Distribution Division, Tenaga Nasional Berhad, Malaysia
Transmission & Distribution / Smart Grids Asia
The 8th edition of Transmission & Distribution / Smart Grids Asia is now co-located with Metering, Billing / CRM Asia and will serve as the premier platform for next generation electricity utilities in Asia.
Electricity utilities will meet to evaluate the latest network technologies and project experiences, as well as innovative approaches to reduce technical losses, effectively manage outages and increase network’s efficiency, ultimately saving money for both the utility as well as the customer.
Event dates and location
Conference: 22-23 May 2013
Location: Bangkok Convention Centre at CentralWorld, Bangkok, Thailand
Event website: www.td-asia.com
For more information, interviews and media accreditation -
Marketing Communications: Marj Cuijpers, Clarion Events Pte Ltd
Tel: +65 6590 3970 / Fax: +65 6223 9196