Environmental NGO, Redress, is calling fashion lovers across Hong Kong to join in their citywide series of sustainable fashion focused events this September to coincide with HKTDC’s ‘Hong Kong in Fashion 2016’ and ‘CENTRESTAGE 2016’.
The month-long calendar of activities encourages the public to redress their relationship with their clothes and to cut waste out of fashion, offering Hong Kongers multiple ways to get involved: a public clothing drive to collect consumers’ unwanted clothes, a series of secondhand pop-up shops around town to give consumers an easy access to stylish pre-loved clothing, a free-to-attend panel discussion about the latest industry trends in sustainable fashion, and last but not least a screening of Redress’ new documentary, Frontline Fashion to see the developments from young designers’ perspectives.
Redress will also be taking this opportunity to showcase some of the city’s most promising sustainable emerging designers as part of Hong Kong’s new fashion event ‘CENTRESTAGE 2016.’
Christina Dean, Founder of Redress, said, “Around the world, September is a big month for fashion as the new trends roll off the runway, from New York to London, and into consumers closets. With Hong Kong now celebrating fashion this September, we want to inspire consumers that fashion - which comes from the second biggest polluting industry - can be more sustainable without compromise in style. We want consumers to fall in love with better fashion.”
Visit http://redress.com.hk/getredressedhk/ for more information.
Overview of Redress events:
- 27 August – 11 September - “Get Redressed” Clothing Drive at Caelum Greene
- 7 – 9 September - “Get Redressed” Pop-up Shop at PizzaExpress, Wan Chai
- 7 – 10 September - The EcoChic Design Award Alumni Showcase at CENTRESTAGE 2016
- 9 September - Redress Panel Discussion at CENTRESTAGE 2016
- 21 September - “Frontline Fashion” Documentary Screening and “Get Redressed” Pop-up Shop at The Annex
- 23 – 30 September - “Get Redressed” Pop-up Shop at KONG Gallery
- 1 – 30 September Fundraising throughout the month of September with Pacific Coffee