The Prime Minister of Jordan will deliver the key-note speech on the opening of the Jordan International Energy Summit which is taking place on 19-20 May in Amman.
The Prime Minister leads a first-class conference programme with Government, Public Sector and Private Sector industry leaders, as the “Jordan International Energy Summit and exhibition” (JIES) will present the key challenges and many opportunities in meeting Jordan’s ongoing and future energy needs.
Held under the Patronage of HE Dr. Ibrahim Saif, Jordan’s Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources; JIES is to be hosted by the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources as their official platform for meeting international companies and presentation of the multitude of energy projects presently ongoing or planned for the Kingdom.
The Jordan International Energy Summit (JIES) will take place on 19-20 May 2015 in the Grand Hyatt Amman Hotel and Conference Centre and the outstanding programme is expected to attract an audience in excess of 500 senior level executives interested in the myriad of opportunities under discussion at the Summit; including the key projects in Gas, LNG, Nuclear, Renewable Energy, Mining and Shale Oil.
JIES will be opened by H.E. Abdullah Ensour and then the Minister for Energy and Mineral Resources, HE Dr Ibrahim Saif, will deliver his ideas. The Ministry has also confirmed that all section heads and directorate will be actively engaged throughout the event and on hand to meet with domestic and international companies to ensure that JIES is a one-stop meeting place for all of Jordan’s energy needs. In addition to the many one-to-one meetings with decision makers that will be ongoing throughout the event; companies have the opportunity to exhibit their products and services directly to this targeted audience.
JIES is built around a highly insightful programme which addresses all the key strategic issues facing Jordan’s energy plans as well as providing updates on the ongoing and planned projects which will be of particular interest. Confirmed speakers are led by:
- H.E. Abdullah Ensour, Prime Minister
- Dr. Ibrahim Saif. Minister, Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources
- Dr. Ghaleb M. S. Maabreh, Secretary General, Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources
- Dr. Khaled Toukan, Chairman, Jordan Atomic Energy Commission
- H.E. Abdelfattah Al-Daradkah, Managing Director, NEPCO
- H.E. Dr Maher Matalka, Chairman of the Board, EDAMA
- Mr Milko Kovachev, Vice President, Rusatom Overseas
- Mr. Thomas Meijssen General Manager, Oil Shale Company B.V. (JOSCO) and Shell Country Chair
- Mr. Hazem Al-Ramini, Director, Oil Shale, Ministry of Economy & Mineral Resources
- Dr. Mohamed Yacine Layachi, Project Manager, Eesti Energia AS/Enefit
- Mr Khaled Saqqaf, Partner Head of Jordan & Iraq, Al-Tamimi & Co.
- Mr Oleg Titov, Deputy Director General, Akkuyu Nucleer
- Eng. Mohammad Dabbas, Director, Energy Efficiency & Conservation, Ministry of Energy & Mineral Resources
- Mr. Ralph Fairbanks, Director, K&M Advisors
- Mr. Jaber Nouri, General Manager, Jordan National Lube Oil Co.
- Mr. Martin Amison, Partner & Head of International Department, Trowers & Hamlin LLP
- Mr. Samer Judeh, Chairman, Jordan Wind Project Company (JWPC)
- Dr. Hisham Khatib, Honorary Vice Chairman, World Energy Council
- Ms. Nandita Parshad, Director, Power & Energy Utilities EBRD
- Dr. Mamdouh G. Salameh, Consultant, Oil & Energy, World Bank & Visiting Professor of Energy Economics at the ESCP Europe University
- Mr. Rob McNabb, Partner, Eversheds
- Ms. Florence Eid-Oakden, CEO & Chief Economist, Arabia Monitor
- Mr. Marwan Madanat, Head of Investment Division, Ministry of Energy & Mineral Resources
- Mr. Hannah Zaghoul, CEO, Kawar Group
- Mr Tom Wigley, Partner, Trowers & Hamlin
- Mr. Mehdi Chennoufi, General Manager LNG Origination West, Shell
JIES is designed by the Ministry as a truly international event to highlight Jordan as a stable, developed, and exciting place to do business and focus specifically on the multitude of energy projects ongoing or pending in the Kingdom. Many leading international companies have already confirmed attendance including major sponsors such as Shell, Rusatom Overseas, Schneider Electric, Wartsila, Enerfit and Solstice.
JIES is an official platform for exchanging ideas, developing new business and affirming standards and policies for the future. The Ministry has appointed the highly renowned organisers, iJordan to work alongside Global Event Partners, with affiliation to dmg::events to provide all participants with an excellent experience at the JIES Summit and exhibition.