Taking place in Bremen, Germany, this technical event with special focus on assessing cost-effective solutions to optimise design, construction, installation and operation of offshore substations will give the opportunity to share experience with next generation transformer stations, as well as development optimisation for lower costs.
The 5th International Conference Offshore Wind Power Substations 2016, produced by IQPC GmbH, will be held at the Swissôtel in Bremen on August 30th – September 1st 2016, and will welcome experts from offshore wind farm owners, manufacturers, developers, major suppliers, insurance, and academia to exchange knowledge on the latest material innovation, new strategies to improve development and installation time, reducing overall costs, and extending substation lifecycles.
The conference offers 3 full days of insights from global industry experts, 2 technical workshops, and 5 interactive sessions including our notable speed networking.
The event will be co-located with Advances in Wind Turbine Towers and Anti-Icing for Wind Turbines.
Key topics include:
- Optimisation of offshore transmission systems to minimise losses for HVAC and HVDC
- Modular solutions and grid code-compliant designs with a focus on cost reduction
- Utilities’ and TSO’s experience in design, fabrication, and installation of offshore substations
- New electrical design concepts to improve reliability
- Risk management strategies for transformer platforms
- Design, construction, and operation of far-shore HV wind farms: a contractor’s key takeaways - Thomas van Peteghern, Electrical Project Engineer, Systems Division CG, Belgium
- Strategies for cost reduction and optimization of substation designs - Reimar Schlögl, Managing Director tkb, Germany
- Standardisation of 700MW offshore AC substations as part of the strategy for offshore wind in the Netherlands - Marien Ruppert, Project Engineer Offshore substation TenneT TSO, Netherlands
- Solving the topside weight optimization challenge - Daniel Noermark, Senior Project Manager, Offshore Substations, Ramboll, Denmark
- Utilities’ experience on Sandbank substation - Bart Verbeeck, Package Manager Offshore Substation Vattenfall, Germany
- Risk management of HVAC and HVDC OSS seen from the insurer perspective - Truels Kjer, Senior Risk Engineer CoC Windpower, VP Global Markets,Swiss Re Denmark Services A/S, Denmark
- Grid connection and grid code compliance - Paul van Leest, Package Manager Electrical Infrastructure, Peter Huiberts, SCADA Engineer Gemini Offshore Wind, the Netherlands
For more information and details concerning speakers, sessions, and presentations, visit:
IQPC provides business executives around the world with tailored practical conferences, large scale events, topical seminars and in-house training programs, keeping them up-to-date with industry trends, technological developments and the regulatory landscape. IQPC’s large scale conferences are market leading “must attend” events for their respective industries. IQPC produces more than 1,500 events annually around the world, and continues to grow. Founded in 1973, IQPC now has offices in major cities across six continents including: Berlin, Dubai, London, New York, Sao Paulo, Singapore, Stockholm, and Sydney. IQPC leverages a global research base of best practices to produce an unrivalled portfolio of conferences.
We look forward to seeing you at the 5th International Conference Offshore Wind Power Substations in Bremen on August 30th – September 1st 2016!
Karina Schultz, Online Marketing Manager
IQPC Gesellschaft für Management Konferenzen mbH
10117 Berlin, Germany
Telephone: +49 (0)30 20 913 – 409
Telefax: +49 (0)30 20 913-210