The Tanzanian agri hub of Arusha is expecting the arrival of more than 2000 farmers and agri experts this week for the first outdoor, B2B farming expo of its kind as Agritech Expo Tanzania kicks off on Thursday 26 January.
“The Agritech Expo Tanzania team is ready and excited, as are our partners and exhibitors,” says event director Yolanda dos Santos. She adds: “we look forward to giving all our visitors a great experience at the show. We have an extensive offering, from demonstrations of the latest, innovative technology and farm equipment to crop trials, free interactive training and farmer workshops to professional consultations and loads of networking opportunities. The event promises to be a game changer for the agri sector in Tanzania!”
Agri suppliers supporting Agritech Expo
Taking place at the Selian Agricultural Research Institute (SARI) in Arusha, the inaugural Agritech Expo Tanzania will gather farmers from commercial to emerging and small scale; but also key officials from regional governments, agro associations, NGOs, aid, development and research agencies; agro dealers, traders and retailers; suppliers, consultants and technical experts as well as venture capitalists, investors and bankers.
The host partners for Agritech Expo Tanzania are the Tanzania Horticultural Association (TAHA), the Agriculture Council of Tanzania (ACT) and SARI.
The industry has responded with great enthusiasm to the first Agritech Expo in Tanzania. Global farming equipment leader John Deere and its distributor in the country, LonAgro Tanzania Ltd, are gold sponsors for the event.
Comments from some Agritech Expo Tanzania partners:
- “The role of private sector is highly recognized in the agricultural policy, strategies and programmes”
- David Nyange, Policy Advisor to the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries in Tanzania and workshop speaker.
- “From land and seed bed preparation, through to crop care and harvesting, LonAgro John Deere in Tanzania has a complete solution for you”
- Lukas Botha, Managing Director, LonAgro Tanzania, gold sponsors.
- “Agritech Expo Tanzania will bring together different horticulture actors and T
AHA is looking forward to increase the linkages between farmers and investors”
- Jacqueline Mkindi, CEO of TAHA, the Tanzania Horticultural Association, official host partner.
- “Someday agriculture will truly uplift not only a few players but Tanzania and the region at large”
- Geoffrey Kirenga, CEO of the SAGCOT Centre Ltd, (Southern Agricultural Corridor of Tanzania), supporting association.
- “I am looking forward to an Expo which raises the awareness of the Government to the fact that the private sector is a partner in development, creating thousands of jobs, educating workers and building the nation” - Harald Peeters, Managing Director Tanzania, Rijk Zwaan Q-Sem, bronze sponsor.
- “Basic Utility Vehicles (BUVs) have proven to be a timely and much needed tool to boost the agri sector”
- Byron Borden, director at BUV Tanzania, exhibitor.
- “East West has a network of extension officers training farmers in rural areas, making sure the better seed for better yields is in action”
- Butwa Godluck, Sales and Marketing Manager, East West Seed (Tanzania) Ltd, exhibitor.
- “Despite the fact that over 75 per cent of the country’s population depends on the sector, at least 6.6million people are still wallowing in poverty (the productive poor) and the sector’s contribution to the GDP is not increasing at the desirable pace”
- Al-amani Mutarubukwa, spokesperson for the Agriculture Markets Development Trust (AMDT), exhibitor.
Other leading agri suppliers that have confirmed their presence at the event include Afrivet, Ford, CMC Automobiles, CWI, GSI, Hughes Motors, Maji, Metl Agro Tanzania, HortiPro, Irrico, Rivulis, FNB, Lindsay Africa, Balton, Kibo Seed, Neptun Boot, TFSC and Yara.
The full interviews can be viewed here: http://www.agritechexpotanzania.com/interviews
Agritech Expo Tanzania is organised by Spintelligent, leading Cape Town-based trade exhibition and conference organiser, and part of the Clarion Events Group in the UK.
Event dates and location:
Exhibition: 26-27 January 2017
Commercial Farmers’ Focus Day: 26 January 2017
Venue: Selian Agricultural Research Institute, Arusha/Dodoma Main Road, Arusha
Linkedin: Agritech Expo
Senior communications manager: Annemarie Roodbol
Telephone: +27 21 700 3558
Mobile: +27 82 562 7844