Top policy leaders, industry experts, and visionaries from across the global energy sector will convene at the 7th annual Singapore International Energy Week (SIEW) from October 27th-31st 2014 to share their thoughts and perspectives on “Building Energy Connections”.
The week-long programme promises thought-provoking insights and conversations on the energy opportunities and challenges facing Asia and the global community. Participants will hear insights from some of the foremost thought leaders and luminaries in the energy space.
Key events at SIEW include:
- SIEW Opening Keynote Address (SOK): Mr S. Iswaran, Minister in the Prime Minister’s Office, and Second Minister for Ministry of Home Affairs and Trade and Industry will deliver the opening remarks for SIEW. Dr. Leonhard Birnbaum, Member of the Board of Management, E.ON SE and Dr. Ahmad Belhoul, Chief Executive Officer, Masdar will share their perspectives in their keynote addresses.
- Singapore Energy Summit(SES): Shell, ExxonMobil, Accenture, KPMG, and senior government representatives from Brunei, China, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, U.S., and the UAE will debate on (a) key challenges shaping Asia’s energy connectivity, (b) balancing tomorrow’s energy choices, (c) maximising the potential of renewables, and (d) energy technologies and sustainability.
- Asian Energy Financial and Investment Conference: Wong Kim Yin, Chief Executive Officer of Singapore Power; Neil McGregor, Senior Managing Director of Temasek; Anthony Jude, Senior Advisor and Practice Lead from Asian Development Bank, directors and other top financial analysts will offer their perspectives and outlooks on Asian energy markets.
- Downstream & Petrochemical Asia: As one of the region’s largest downstream-focused events, this is the premier platform for learning, networking, seeking partnerships, and building key business relationships.
- Gas Asia Summit: The event will gather over 250 of the region’s gas leaders to explore the strategic and commercial challenges, and key drivers of Asia’s gas market.
- Platts Top 250 Asia Awards Dinner: The Platts Top 250 Global Energy Company Rankings will be announced at the event, recognising top-performing energy companies around the world.
- Renewables@SIEW: This is a platform for the renewable or clean energy-related events at SIEW.
- European Union Business Avenues Clean Technologies: EU Business Avenues’ inaugural business mission in ASEAN, with some 40 handpicked European companies participating.
- RE@SIEW: The RE@SIEW exhibition aims to provide an avenue for clean technology and renewables companies to profile their services & products.
- Asia Clean Energy Summit: The summit provides a common platform for regional thought leaders in both the public and private sector to collaborate on critical issues and opportunities for harnessing clean energy for the future.
- Roundtables: Leading think-tanks and international organisations will curate discussions over nine roundtables on LNG trends in China, renewables, electromobility, and electricity market reform.
SIEW 2014 will also see a number of associated events held on the sidelines, such as the ASEAN-IEA Gas Dialogue, the Asia-Singapore Infrastructure Roundtable and the Shell Innovation Open House.
At the Youth@SIEW event, Singapore students will also have the opportunity to engage with Minister Iswaran and Peter Schwartz, futurist and Senior Vice President, Global Government Relations and Strategic Planning, Salesforce.com at the In Dialogue with Youth session. About18 academic institutions will showcase a total of 18 energy projects at the Youth Energy Showcase.
About Singapore International Energy Week (SIEW)
The 7th annual SIEW 2014 is the foremost platform for top policymakers, energy practitioners and commentators to discuss energy issues, strategies and solutions. SIEW brings together a robust line-up of world’s leading conferences, exhibitions, roundtables and networking events to provide insights and perspectives on the emerging trends and innovations across the energy spectrum of oil & gas, clean and renewable energy, and energy infrastructure financing – in one week, one location. Please visit www.siew.sg for further information.
About the Energy Market Authority
The Energy Market Authority (EMA) is a statutory board under the Ministry of Trade and Industry. Our main goals are to ensure a reliable and secure energy supply, promote effective competition in the energy market and develop a dynamic energy sector in Singapore. Through our work, we seek to forge a progressive energy landscape for sustained growth. Please visit www.ema.gov.sg for more information.
For media queries, please contact:
Energy Market Authority
Tel: +65 6376 7651
Tel: +65 6494 1563