The Energy and Environment Partnership Programme with the Mekong Region (EEP Mekong) has recently embarked on its second phase.
The Programme is seeking high-quality applications for projects improving livelihoods and climate resilience in rural communities and semi-urban areas in the EEP Mekong countries through improved access and use of reliable, sustainable and affordable energy. EEP is funded by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland. The EEP Mekong Regional Coordination Unit (RCU) is based in Vientiane – Lao PDR.
CfP applications are sought in two stages: 1) Concept notes (current stage), based on which successfully ranked applicants are invited to submit 2) Full project proposals.
Concept note applications will be screened in terms of key criteria, including of the following types:
a) project or business idea
b) capability of the applicant
c) development impacts and climate change mitigations
d) Scale-up/replication potential and/or potential to mobilize future investment, and
e) financial leverage (co-financing share).
Next to the evaluation criteria mentioned in the guidelines, we explicitly invite project developers from private sectors, to submit projects that create local jobs and support female entrepreneurs & other vulnerable groups.
CfP Concept Note stage submissions
- 20 July 2015: Announcement of the Call-for-Proposals (CfP)
- August 2015: Concept Note Preparation Workshop for applicants in 5 Mekong countries.
- 30 September 2015, at 16:00hrs (Vientiane time): Deadline for Concept Note Submission - via online application
- October 2015: Invitation for submission of Full Project Proposal (only for selected Concept Notes)
- January 2016: Selected projects start implementation
Project Developers are encouraged to forward inquiries and questions to the RCU (email@example.com) regarding preparation of Concept Notes and/or application process until 7th August 2015. Answers to the queries are provided through the EEP Mekong help desk support and/or through e-mails until 24th August 2015.
- See How to apply, CfP concept note application guideline, and other application documents.
- Registration and log-in to apply can be accessed through www.eepmekong.org
Enquiries can be submitted to: Mr. Bernhard Meyhoefer - Programme Manager, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org