DuctSox, Peosta, Iowa, a leading fabric HVAC air dispersion systems manufacturer, introduces SkeleCore Pull-Tight™ to its SkeleCore™ line of internal framework systems for fabric duct air dispersion.
Pull-Tight is an aesthetic, economic solution for commercial, institutional and industrial buildings requiring the benefits and performance of textile HVAC duct, but without the sagging, wrinkling, movement and sound associated with conventional non-tensioned fabric duct.
Pull-Tight is a patent-pending, value-engineered product utilizing a combination of Tensioning Baskets and Internal Hoops to support, streamline and tension the fabric system. Pull-Tight is suspended from either a tension cable or track suspension system.
The Tensioning Locks, which are attached to the Tensioning Baskets and suspension system, tighten and lock the fabric externally into a taut, smooth appearance, versus the internally tensioned, premium-grade SkeleCore Fabric Tensioning System (FTS).
The powder-coated steel Tensioning Baskets are positioned at multiple locations throughout the system, typically located at the opposite ends of fabric sections and at intermediate points for extended lengths. Maximum tensioned section lengths are 12.19-meters.
Tensioning baskets consist of two universal, 360-degree, multi-spoked rings spaced apart by a 737-mm, 22-mm diameter aluminum connecting tube. Factory-installed internal hoops are spaced every 1.5 meters to eliminate mid-length drooping.
Tensioning basket ring and hoop sizes match their respective fabric duct diameters, which range from 20 cm to 1.5 m in 5 cm increments in the SkeleCore line. The tensioning baskets and locks are field-adjusted by installers to streamline a perpetually-inflated, wrinkle-free appearance even during idle air handling unit (AHU) periods. Pull-Tight also eliminates popping rollout sounds and other fabric movements during AHU start-ups.
FTS is the premium SkeleCore model and offers the optimum aesthetics and tensioning function. Pull-Tight provides similar benefits, but is a more economical alternative. Pull-Tight offers full fabric ductwork benefits, such as uniform air dispersion, versatile airflow designs, light weight, reduced installation time, and easily-laundered fabrics that don’t condensate or corrode. In the example of a 30 m straight run of 24-inch-diameter DuctSox, a Pull-Tight cable system is approximately 35 percent lighter, 25-percent more economical and nearly 50-percent quicker (five man-hours) to install than its internally-tensioned FTS sister product.
Other Pull-Tight details are:
- Installation demonstration video is available at www.ductsox.com/media-library/videos.
- Warranties range from 10 to 15 years depending on inlet velocities and fabric model choices.
- Available with DuctSox’s porous Sedona-Xm™ and Verona™ fabrics and non-porous TufTex™ and DuraTex™ fabrics;
- Air outlet options include linear vents, orifices, SG grommets, and fixed or adjustable nozzles.
- Available in black, silver, white, tan, green, blue, red and custom colors;
- Typical DuctSox fittings of elbows, tees, crosses and reducers are available, but are not tensioned like the FTS model;
- Fabric duct run lengths are unlimited, but each tensioned section is a maximum of 40 feet long (12.19-meters).
- Tensioning baskets, hoops and cable/track tension locks are easily disassembled without special tools within minutes for fabric commercial laundering.
For more information on fabric duct DuctSox for users based in Indonesia, please contact Tawada CleanTech at 021 5794 0683 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Tawada CleanTech is one stop solution provider for green building technology based in Indonesia.