Coal plays an essential role in meeting global energy needs. International coal use is projected to increase 53 percent by 2030. In Asia, coal accounts for almost 75% of electricity generation national, and is most likely to remain the principal fuel source in the future (predict estimate to rise over 60% after 2020). Meanwhile, about one-fifth of the emissions reductions needed to cut the global output of greenhouse gases 50 percent by 2050 would have to come from CCS technology at coal-fired power plants, according to the International Energy Agency. The latest technologies for the clean use of coal will help to meet the challenges of our energy future.
What is more, Gasification technology has become a critical tool in the expansion of the Chinese economy, allowing a wide variety of industrial products and fuels to be created from low-cost abundant coal resources. The advancement of coal-conversion and coal-generation technologies represents a meaningful positive long-term development for the coal industry. The U.S., India, Russia, Mongolia are positioning clean coal as the way to tap into the future energy development.
2nd World Clean Coal Series China Focus 2011 featuring the top-level speaker panels and cutting-edge technology showcases is ideally timed to examine the vital questions that will shape global clean coal future. The Series-China Focus 2011 is an event for you to attain deep understandings on China and other countries’ clean coal initiatives, roadmap, regulatory environment, ongoing pilots of pioneer coal owners and utilities, network national and international clean coal industry executives and share insights on the future market developments.
Hear the latest views and forecasts from key industry speakers from along the entire value chain, Speakers under prior consideration:
- Wu Yin, Deputy Administrator, National Energy Administration, China
- Amarkhuu Erdenepurev, Director General, Fuel Policy Department, Ministry of Mineral Resources and Energy, Mongolia
- C. Balakrishnan, Secretary, Ministry of Coal India
- Zhang Yousheng, Deputy Director General, Energy Research Institute, National Development and Reform Commission, China
- Lobo Balia, Senior Advisor to Minister, Directorate of Oil and Gas, Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resource, Indonesia
- Charles McConnell, COO, Department of Fossil Energy, DOE, USA
- Andrew Minchener, Principal Associate, IEA Clean Coal Center
- Huang Long, Vice President, Huaneng Group
- Wang Yusuo, Chairman, ENN Group
- Zhang Xiaolu, Vice President, China Power Investment Corp.
- Jin Tai. Vice President, Yankuang Group
- Wang Yi, Vice President, Jincheng Anthracite Mining Group
- Zhang Ming, President, Datang Energy Chemical Company
- Fulvio Conti, CEO, Enel
- Peter Freyberg, Chief Executive, Xstrata Coal
- Ernst Oberholster, Managing Director, Sasol Synfuel International
- Fredrick Palmer, Senior Vice President, Peabody Energy
- H.Tumenbayars, Executive Director, Tavan Tolgoi
- N C Jha, Chairman, Coal India
- Masaharu Fujitomi, Executive Director, J Power
Key Highlights in 2nd World Clean Coal Series China Focus 2011
- Clean Coal Gasification Technology Update
- Underground Coal Gasification
- Clean Coal Technology & International Strategy in the Future
- Strategic Perspectives on Global Clean Coal Policies
- Deep Clean Insights from Global Energy Leaders
- Coal Chemical Projects & Policy Updates
- Coal Chemical: CTL, Syngas and Olefins
- Clean Coal Power & Carbon Capture and Storage
On behalf of the organizing committee, we would like to invite you and other senior executives to attend the 2nd World Clean Coal Series China Focus Conference. With your attendance in WCCS China Focus we believe it will bring up the profile of your firm in the clean coal industry and probably bring more potential business to your company.
Time: Dec. 6th- 9th
Location: Beijing, China
Event Website: http://www.szwgroup.com/cleancoal/2011/
Tel: +86 21 5830 0710
Fax: +86 21 5831 1668