After much deliberation, Organic Monitor is announcing the finalists of its 2014 Sustainable Beauty Awards.
Almost 100 entries were received from operators in the beauty industry, including cosmetic brands, ingredient firms, packaging companies, industry associations and related organisations. The entries and finalists reflect the international nature of the Sustainable Beauty Awards.
The finalists for each award category are listed in alphabetical order:
- Sustainability Pioneer Finalists: Asia Plantation Capital, Cruelty Free International, Neal’s Yard Remedies, Surya Brasil. The sustainability pioneer award is given to an organisation in the beauty industry that is a leader / pioneer in some aspect of sustainability.
- Sustainability Leadership Finalists: Aveda, Jurlique International, Whole Foods Market, Yves Rocher. This award is given to an organisation that is leading in various aspects of sustainability. The operator is displaying overall leadership in sustainability and not mastering a few areas.
- Sustainable Packaging Finalists: Laboratoire NUXE, Organic Essence, Pangea Organics, Surya Brasil. This award is given to a cosmetics brand / packaging firm with a new packaging that has low environmental footprint in terms of design and / or materials.
- Sustainable Ingredient Finalists: AAK, Berkem, Induchem, Mibelle Biochemistry. This award is given to a cosmetic ingredient that makes a difference in terms of environmental and / or social footprint.
- Green Formulations Finalists: Erbaviva, Greenlab Organics, LIM Cosmetics, Pure & Green Organics. This award is given to a cosmetic brand with a high level of green (natural / organic) ingredients in product formulations.
The winner and runner-up in each awards category will be announced at the Sustainable Beauty Awards reception in Paris on 24th November. The reception will take place at the Paris Marriott Champs Elysées hotel, hosted alongside the European edition of the Sustainable Cosmetics Summit (www.sustainablecosmeticssummit.com/Europe/). Media passes are available for the awards reception.
About the Sustainable Beauty Awards
The aim of the Sustainable Beauty Awards is to give recognition to cosmetic and related firms who are pushing the boundaries of sustainability in the beauty industry. The awards reception will take place on the evening of 24th November at the Paris Marriott Champs-Elysées. Media passes are available for the awards reception. More information is available from www.sustainablebeautyawards.com
About the Sustainable Cosmetics Summit
The aim of the Sustainable Cosmetics Summit is to encourage sustainability in the beauty industry by bringing together key stake-holders and debate major sustainability issues in a high-level forum. The 6th European edition of this international series of summit will be hosted in Paris on 24-26 November. More information is available from www.sustainablecosmeticssummit.com/Europe/
About Organic Monitor
Organic Monitor is a London-based specialist research, consulting & training company that focuses on the global organic & related product industries. Since 2001, we have been providing a range of business services to operators in high-growth ethical & sustainable industries. Our services include market research publications, business & technical consulting, seminars & workshops, and sustainability summits. Visit us at www.organicmonitor.com
For additional information, please contact:
Ms. Tina Gill
PR & Marketing Manager
Tel: (44) 20 8567 0788