As part of the consultancy team, you will focus on the successful and efficient implementation of our projects for Swedish and international clients in the sustainability and greenhouse gas management fields.
South Pole Group (SPG) works with a large number of prestigious corporate sector clients and you will lead the development of proposals for them and participate in business development activities in the corporate sector.
You will also be responsible of structuring the GHG accounting offering mainly in Sweden and in Australia.
If you are a sustainability professional ready to work on multiple projects, interact with all levels of staff and participate in client meetings and communications we are looking for you.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Design, plan and implement corporate sustainability projects and their financial and technical oversight. This includes proposal/deliverable preparation and completion to the quality required by South Pole Group and the clients
- Liaise with clients on a project-wise basis
- Manage small proposal and project teams, including SPG consultants and external partners, ensuring high quality outputs, timeliness and cost efficiency of delivery
- Structure the GHG accounting offering, mainly for Sweden and Australia
- Co-develop SPG’s strategy and service offering in the field of GHG accounting and sustainability, metrics and targets, risks and opportunities analysis
- Support SPG’s key account management team with business development activities in the corporate sector
- Participate in client facing events and meetings, representing SPG and its services
- Topics of engagement may include: climate change mitigation, GHG accounting and disclosure, science based targets, GHG mitigation strategies and definition of mitigation targets and scenario analysis, energy efficiency, renewable energy strategy and sustainable development goals
- University degree, ideally at a Masters level or higher, in Environmental Science or a related discipline
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in high quality consultancy for corporate clients, particularly in topics related to life cycle analysis, GHG accounting and disclosure and sustainability
- Experience with scientific programming and data analytic tools
- Relevant experience with web based footprinting applications, webshops, or general web application development is a plus
- Working knowledge of carbon accounting standards (ISO 14064, GHG Protocol and its variants) and understanding of carbon neutrality standards
- Knowledge of carbon accounting / CR reporting software
- Proven know-how and networks in corporate sustainability
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong organisational skills and detail-orientation
- Experience in working in small teams, ideally within an international and multicultural context
- Commercial skills and good business sense, to be able to identify and seize opportunities, would be an asset
- Excellent oral and written command of English and Swedish are essential and further oral command in French, German, Spanish or other languages is an advantage
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint are a must
- Swedish nationality, EU-citizen or holder of a valid work permit is a must
- Excellent team spirit
- Be part of a growing and multi-cultural company
- Work autonomously as well as within a large and international team of sustainability passionate professionals
- A clear career development potential as part of the consultancy team