The Environmental & Water Technology Centre of Innovation (EWTCOI) at Ngee Ann Polytechnic is an established and dedicated setup with applied Research & Development (R&D;) capabilities to provide engineering solutions and technology support for SMEs to grow their businesses and move up the value chain through innovation in new products, improved processes and enhanced technology. The Centre focuses on developing solutions in Membrane Technology, Water Technology, Sustainable Materials Technology and Energy Efficiency Technology. Visit the EWTCOI webpage (www.np.edu.sg/ewtcoi) for more information.
As an R&D Engineer/Scientist, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop membrane and thermal based process solutions, which includes conceptualisation, design, fabrication, experimentation, evaluation and implementation;
- Develop expert level of membrane product/process knowledge and application. Design and execute projects which includes first of a kind/demonstration projects;
- Work closely with industry partners, especially local small and medium enterprises, to provide engineering solutions or technology innovations through consultancy and applied R&D; projects;
- Assess and evaluate current state-of-the-art technologies, processes and systems in the domain, and seek to develop solutions and improvements that result in cost or footprint savings, productivity improvements and conservation of energy or other resources; and
- Work with other domain experts on multi-disciplinary projects to deliver total solutions for the industry.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in membrane fabrication, membrane module development, process design & operations, instrument selection, equipment & pipe sizing, mass & energy balance etc.
- Experience in membrane process optimisation and analysis for process improvements in pilot scale
- Knowledge in membrane processes and operation practices relevant to membrane filtration (MF/UF/NF/RO/MD), adsorption and distillation
- Experience in cross-disciplinary engineering tasks and liaising with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. staff, student interns and industry personnel)
- Able to design and produce PFD and P&ID;, plot plan, skids, piping layout and isometrics drawings with AUTOCAD or other similar softwares would be an advantage
Check out the details of the position and submit online at https://applyjobs.np.edu.sg. Be part of an institution with that something xtra.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Shortlisted candidates will be notified within 2 - 3 weeks after the closing date.