EDF, a world’s leading electricity company, is aiming at speeding up innovation for the cities of tomorrow with innovations in energy efficiency in buildings, new low carbon uses of energy, smart grids, renewable energy, electric mobility and batteries.
In Singapore, the R&D; branch of EDF Group has launched EDF Lab Singapore in 2014 to develop and explore solutions to help decision makers and developers achieve their vision of smart and sustainable cities. Working with the Singaporean government (HDB) and local universities (NUS, SUTD, SIT, ESSEC), EDF Lab Singapore is rooting a strong expertise adapted to the Singaporean and South East Asian context. EDF Lab Singapore, with the support of the R&D; in Europe, has developed a 3D simulation platform to help HDB assess the refurbishment and new development of HDB towns. This platform is now evolving with new functionalities as part of the recently launched New Urban Kampung project where HDB, together with SUTD and EDF will go a step further integrating Quality of Life assessment in the planning of HDB towns.
Therefore EDF Lab Singapore is therefore looking a Research Engineer, Sustainable Cities
- Prepare and analyse data, contributing with new insights into the simulation and engineering modelling process.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of technical and behavioural models linked to energy: generation, distribution, consumption, efficiency.
- Develop and run simulation models and produce relevant outputs for further research.
- Collaborate with researchers within EDF group and partners to disseminate findings of research.
- Entry level position but 1-2 years’ experience preferred
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in any engineering or technical area with some experience in modelling or simulation
- Data analysis and data preparation skills
- Statistics and modelling skills (e.g., Agent Based Modelling, Anylogic, Matlab)
- Basic knowledge of a programming language: Python, C++
- Independent and self-motivated, yet able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage concurrent technical tasks with competing priorities.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.