Environmental & Water Technology - Centre Of Innovation (EWTCOI)
As a Research & Development Project Engineer/Scientist, you will work with a team of multi-disciplinary Engineers/Scientists on a funded research project to develop new functionalised graphene oxide based membranes for low pressure desalination. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Development, functionalisation and synthesis of graphene oxide with desired functional groups, block copolymers, membrane fabrication, characterisation and testing;
- Design and development of a reactor system to facilitate synthesis and scale up of functionalised graphene oxide and block copolymer from lab to pilot scale;
- Formulation and optimisation of dope solution for membrane fabrication using phase inversion method;
- Membrane modification using Thin Film Coating (TFC) as well as optimisation and scaling up of the process;
- Characterisation and testing of UF/NF/RO membranes in bench scale and pilot scale system to optimise operating parameters;
- Analyse, document and report data and findings in project meetings and progress reports;
- Handle project administration and funding account; and
- Manage student interns involved with the project.
- At least 2 years of relevant research experience
- Experience in working on cross-disciplinary engineering tasks with different stakeholders
- Experience in development and functionalisation of graphene oxide based materials and proficient in Material or Polymer Chemistry as well as membrane development and testing
- Knowledge in Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Metal–organic Frameworks and Polymer Nanocomposites
- Experience in developing functionalised graphene oxide and polymeric materials for membrane applications in desalination
- Experience in working with biomimetic membrane and synthetic water channels would be an advantage
Check out the details of the position and submit online at https://applyjobs.np.edu.sg. Be part of an institution with that something xtra.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Shortlisted candidates will be notified within 2 - 3 weeks after the closing date.