CDP has an exciting opportunity for an individual with proven self-starter skills to be part of our expanding Hong Kong team and office and support CDP’s operations in Hong Kong and South East Asia by engaging with corporates, investors and other stakeholders.
- Maintaining CDP’s influence and effectiveness in the Hong Kong and SE Asia region and explore new opportunities for CDP engagement.
- Supporting CDP’s operations in Hong Kong and South-East Asia by:
- Engaging with companies invited to respond to CDP information requests
- Working closely with CDP investor signatories to improve the quality of data reported, in collaboration with headquarters
- Providing client services and follow-up to current CDP partners, local agents, and sponsors.
- Participating in the development of new partnerships with government agencies, accounting bodies, data providers, exchanges, leading investors, corporations, foundations and academic institutes
- Supporting the organisation of events and workshops including the engagement of high level speakers
- Providing research and analysis for projects in collaboration with other stakeholders to improve disclosure by corporations and action on disclosure by investors
- Co-editing the local CDP reports
- Proactive engagement with peer NGOs and other relevant stakeholders
Skills and experience required:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree
- Fluency in English is required and at least Cantonese or Mandarin.
- A clear understanding of CDP’s values, objectives and processes and a desire to drive forward CDP’s mission
- Ideally some work experience in either the investor, corporate, government or non-profit sectors
- Good awareness and knowledge of business and investor perspectives on climate change reporting
- A self-starter attitude with ability to take initiative, multi-task, prioritise and work under pressure
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail-oriented with good research, writing and drafting skills
- Strong team player abilities, able to demonstrate a client service orientation and interpersonal skills in a multicultural setting
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and experience with CRM systems, CMS/HTML would be a plus
- Experience organising and facilitating high level events
The successful candidate will work 5 days per week and must be able to work legally in Hong Kong.
Interested candidates should send a copy of their resume along with a cover email outlining their suitability for the role to email@example.com with “Project Officer, Hong Kong, First Name, Last Name” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a final deadline of 15th February, 2018.
If you do not hear from us within 14 days of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates.