We are assisting one of the largest solar companies in the World to recruit a responsible Project Manager who will prepare, direct, and coordinate the preparation of project documentation aiming for the flawless execution of the project(s) and development(s). The candidate will be responsible for coordinating with the developers, investors, lenders, EPC Subcontractors, system hardware suppliers and system integration partners required to provide a ‘turn-key’ photovoltaic solar farm solution.
The person will have overlapping responsibilities with Business Development and coordinate with the respective stakeholders for the successful closing of project opportunities that have received internal approval to proceed. This can include participation in debt securing, final permitting and licensing activities and end buyers discussion.
A Project Manager must be quality-conscious with the ability to balance multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment. A team-oriented approach and the ability to work with different personalities and professional styles are essential. Knowledge of applicable codes and regulations, medium voltage power systems and Solar PV EPC works is preferred. Experience with project management and (financial) closing of projects is essential.
This contract position will focus on the Southeast Asia region, starting in Manila.
- BS in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical) is required; a Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience as a Project Manager; in solar farm construction is preferred.
- Project Management certificate/diploma is required.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients and other departments.
- Strong understanding of PV system design, including the proper usage of basic components and conventional installation and interconnection methods.
- Strong technical aptitude; a background in mechanical or electrical engineering would be of great value.
- Ability to travel up to 50% or more of the time.
A competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus will be offered to the successful candidate. For the opportunity to join a global leader with ambitions to grow its presence in Southeast Asia please call Damian Penston in Sydney on +61 2 8243 0500 or submit your resume in MS Word (not PDF) quoting #33939.