About the role:
Based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, the post will involve managing and/or participating in a range of projects; and business development and coordination of the agricultural and forestry commodities service area; particularly in relation to agricultural production, sourcing and supply-chain management. This includes providing clients with policy advice, research, training, audits and other services, tailored to their needs. Recent clients include the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO), Unilever, Ikea, Nestle, Shell, Cargill, IOI Loders Croklaan and Musim Mas. The post will involve international travel and fieldwork, particularly in the SEA region.
- Manage and deliver projects (consultancy services) for clients. This includes proposal writing, budgeting, project implementation and reporting.
- Maintain a clear understanding of the current policy and strategic factors relating to the sustainable management and sourcing of forestry and agricultural commodities.
- Build and maintain relationships with key actors such as sustainability initiatives (e.g. RSPO, Forest Stewardship Council etc.), support agencies, civil society and other stakeholders who have an interest in the sustainable production and sourcing of forestry and agricultural commodities.
- Contribute significantly to the broader functioning of the Proforest team, including participation in management processes and support for the planning and delivery of other services.
- Tertiary level (Masters or equivalent) qualification in a relevant discipline (e.g. natural resources management, social sciences, economics, agriculture, forestry). For Bachelors level holders, additional experience requirements will need to be met.
- Experience of working in, or closely with, international forestry and agricultural supply chains
- At minimum 5 years relevant work experience, at least 2 of which in the SEA region.
- Strong leadership and project management skills (including excellent time-management, problem-solving and organisational abilities).
- Highly developed interpersonal and team-working skills, as well as proven ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Bahasa Malaysia including oral presentation and high-quality report writing.
- Fluency in a second language particularly Bahasa Indonesia or Mandarin.
- Practical experience of working in agricultural or forestry commodities production and supply chain (preferably in developing countries).
- Experience and/or knowledge related to sustainability standards, auditing, and certification, in the context of natural resource management (forestry, agriculture, mining, fisheries).
- Experience in consultation and engagement with various stakeholders including large companies, small and medium enterprises, NGOs, financing institutions, government aid agencies, smallholders and local communities.
- Familiarity with relevant tools and methodologies related to the sustainable production of agricultural and forestry commodities, such as the High Conservation Value (HCV) approach, carbon stock assessments and free, Prior and Informed Consent (FPIC).
- Proven ability to deliver to tight deadlines.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
How to apply:
Send your CV, a cover letter, and your salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 16th March 2018
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 30th March 2018