- A global leader in solar industry
- Junior engineers or new grads
- Contract can be extended
We are seeking a junior project engineer, to be based in Melbourne, on behalf of one of the world’s fastest growing solar companies. This is a one year contract, but as the company will invest in your development, it is extendable.
The Project Engineer will support the Senior Project Engineer and Project Developers in project design & engineering execution, prepare technical documentation required for project deployment, and proposals to be submitted in bidding and tendering requests. The person will be responsible for all grid-connection related tasks, i.e. application, liaising with DNSP/TNSP and with PSS modelers.
- Support our local team in project proposals and submissions.
- Responsible for the design, assessment and processing of grid-connection applications.
- Liaising with DNSP, TNSP and PSS modelers
- Prepare conceptual drawings and specifications including site layout and electrical designs.
- Assist in the design and create PVSyst energy model for utility-scale PV systems.
- Assist with the evaluation of existing technical documentation from third parties.
- PR visa or Australian Citizenship
- Electrical (or Utility) Engineering Degree Course (Bachelor or Master)
- Good knowledge of concepts, principles and practices of PV solar system
- Wide knowledge of relevant regulations and standards (e.g., electrical code, building codes, international design standards)
- Proficiency with AutoCad, PVSYST, MS Excel and InDesign (recommended)
- Ability to read, interpret and create electrical, structural, mechanical & site drawings
- Fluency in English required; further language skills would be advantageous
- Experience in engaging with equipment vendors and service providers is an advantage
- Working experience in EPC and BESS is welcome and an advantage
- Willingness to travel up to 20% or more of the time
This is an outstanding opportunity for a new graduate or someone with a year or two of experience. If you want to join a World leading solar company that will give you broader opportunities than just what’s in the job description, please call Damian Penston in Sydney on +612 8243 0500 or submit your resume in MS word (not PDF) quoting #33809.