Programme Manager, Responsible Business Forum
Global Initiatives is a leading sustainability media and events company. Through our international conferences, films and media projects, we address some of the greatest challenges facing the world. The company has an immediate opening for a Programme Manager for the Responsible Business Forum on Food & Agriculture 2017, our annual regional conference for business, government and NGO leaders focused on increasing sustainable food production while improving rural livelihoods and reducing environmental impacts.
The Programme Manager role will involve the following duties and responsibilities;
- Agenda research and development
- Recruitment of high-level speakers from government, business and international agencies
- Updating the agenda and programme synopses
- Writing and editing content for website, communication materials and social media
- Briefing and management of forum facilitator, speakers and moderators
- Development of outcome report, brochures and programme books
- On-site speaker and moderator management
- Collaboration with the Global Initiatives team on the overall planning and successful delivery of this forum.
- Hold a related bachelor’s degree or other professional degree
- Have a minimum five years of professional work experience in sustainable development conference production or related industry
- Have a strong interest in and knowledge about global development, sustainability and corporate responsibility
- Be a self-starter and team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Be a strategic and creative thinker, with strong research and writing skills
- Possess excellent communication skills with the ability to connect and collaborate with senior-level executives
Why this is a green job
Opportunity to help shape the future of sustainable food and agriculture together with a team of committed sustainability-driven experts and thought leaders.