Environmental Scientist / Program Manager – Air Quality Monitoring Program
Environmental Scientist / Ambient Air Quality Monitoring Program Manager serve as a strategic role within an organization’s project management group. They do not manage individual projects, but instead coordinate teams working on related projects. In a services company, program managers oversee specific or multiple long-term contracts and invest efforts to develop and sustain qualified workforce. In this capacity the program manager might coordinate the work of section managers who lead teams focused on delivering the individual products that make up to the company’s or specific project’s objectives.
Under administrative direction, plans, organizes, supervises, reviews and evaluates staff and activities of assigned projects in accordance to the Compliance and client requirements, performs related work as assigned. They also carry out important staff training and ensure all members of the workforce recognize and understand their own contributions to improved services performance
The program manager is responsible for the overall integrity and coherence of the program. They will develop and maintain the program environment to support each individual project within the company.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Experience in ambient air quality monitoring of large network management
- Extensive experience in EIA of ambient air and other environmental compliance reporting
- Ambient air dispersion modeling capability and experience in AREMOD and or CALPUFF software’s
- Extensive experience in ambient air data validation and scientific reporting of the findings.
- PhD or Master’s Degree in Science and or Engineering
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentations
- Planning and designing the program and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
- Analyzing technical air pollution problems, evaluating alternative solutions and developing effective recommendations.
- Preparing clear and concise technical, scientific reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Ambient air quality data validation for extensively large network of stations
- Managing the development, implementation and maintenance of effective air quality programs, such as rule development, compliance and enforcement operations, and inspection activities.
- Ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the program - focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the program, and outwardly on its coherence with infrastructure planning, interfaces with other programs and corporate, technical and specialist standards
- Managing the program’s budget on behalf of company, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realized benefits as the program progresses
- Develop monitoring plans, SOP’s, field and data quality check lists
- Review and approve monthly Quality Controlled and Quality Assured air quality data to clients, Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Oversees installation’s to see that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Perform quality tests / checks to make sure that machinery/equipment’s/Instruments have the capability to carry out the project.
- Coordinates with client and company management to ensure that proper operating procedures, safety protocols are in place, and to avoid system malfunctions.
- Ensuring the delivery of new products or services from projects is to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the program plan and program governance arrangements
- ensuring there is allocation of common resources and skills within the program’s individual projects and or activities
- Managing third party contributions to the program and Managing risks to the program’s successful outcome
- Managing communications with all stakeholders, Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Participates in training sessions, seminars, and continuing education to stay abreast of new technical developments.
- Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the program are identified or issues arise
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- PhD or Master’s degree in Environmental Science, Chemistry, Geological and Physics etc.,
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
- A minimum of Fifteen (15) years of relevant experience, with at least ten (10) years in managing ambient air quality programs / projects
- Experience in the Ambient Air Quality Procedures, Standards, Test Methods and Reporting requirements
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience in Air Dispersion Modelling software’s like Aremod, Calpuff etc..,
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
Immediate release for locally available candidates, attractive packages, annual vacation, Family Status etc..,
Please contact immediately via email with resume: email@example.com and mention the Job Title “Program Manager” in your email subject line, Resumes sent without job titles will not be entertained.
Why this is a green job
This is directly enforcing the ambient air pollution monitoring program.