As part of South Pole’s (SP) Consultancy team, you will focus on the successful business development and efficient implementation of consultancy projects for a large number of prestigious international financial sector clients. As a Principal Consultant you will lead the business development activities including lead and opportunity generation in the financial sector. In addition, you will guide and structure the climate risks and opportunities offering for the financial industry. You will apply your expertise towards product development as well as the implementation of consultancy mandates related to sustainable investments.
If you are a sustainable investment professional with background in financial sector and passionate about creating solutions with impact, we are looking for you!
Tasks and responsibilities
- Go to market and represent South Pole’s financial industry offering towards the external community
- Identify opportunities and develop solutions to challenges related to sustainable investments and climate change
- Lead SP’s Key Account Management activities with regard to business development activities in the financial sector
- Participate in client meetings and stakeholder events, representing SP and its products and services
- Contribute to structuring the financial sector offering related to climate risks and opportunities
- Design and guide the implementation of consultancy projects related to climate risks and opportunities for the financial sector.
- Liaise with clients on a project basis
- Manage teams, including SP’s consultants and external partners, ensuring high quality products and relevant consulting services,
- Prepare presentations and reports, conduct capacity building workshops and webinars
- Topics of engagement may include: sustainable investments, climate risks and opportunities, fund climate strategies, portfolio climate impact assessment, green bonds, sustainable development goals or investment footprinting,TCFD, scenario analysis, forward looking risk analyses etc.
- A university degree in a relevant field
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience in high quality consultancy for financial sector clients, particularly in topics related to sustainable investments and climate change
- Experience with the sustainable investment space, methodologies for financial risk evaluations, climate-related risks and understanding of relevant sustainable finance industry context
- Experience with sustainable data sets in the financial industry, and the strategic integration of climate and/or sustainability criteria into investment decisions and financial clients’ operations.
- Ability to critically analyse climate change and sustainability issues and communicate these with finance industry stakeholders
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to structure compelling consultancy products/offers based on financial industry clients’ needs
- Highly motivated and thorough experience in representing the Company and its services in go to market activities
- Experience in engaging with investors, asset managers, asset owners and banks
- Commercial skills and good business sense, to be able to identify and seize opportunities, would be an asset
- Strong organisational skills and detail-oriented
- Strong capabilities to work in teams, within a international and multicultural context
- Holding a valid work permit in EU/UK is a must
- Excellent team spirit
- Be part of a growing and multicultural company
- Work autonomously as well as within a large and international team of sustainability passionate professionals
- A clear career development potential as part of the Consultancy team