Eco-Business is Asia Pacific’s leading independent media organisation dedicated to reporting on sustainable development and responsible business in the region.
Our online marketing tools deliver local and international brand building, lead generation, and sophisticated thought leader positioning for our clients. These include branded content, banner advertising, EDMs, annual site partnerships, event coverage, e-newsletters, social media campaigns, video marketing, and custom publishing.
We offer research and consulting services that help businesses gain a deeper understanding of their markets and the issues most relevant to them. We also provide content consultancy for sustainability-related events and organise bespoke high-level roundtables for our clients. These events enable progressive and open dialogue on targeted issues and give our clients vital personal contact with key industry stakeholders, enabling them to build influence and generate business.
We are looking for a competent, dynamic and energetic operations manager who can support our expanding team in administrative duties as well as assisting in the development and delivery of Eco-Business projects.
You will work on a variety of projects across all areas of the business and newsroom to help us get things done. You will project-manage deals with internal and external stakeholders; you will do research that helps inform policy and strategy; and you help us define and organize our goals and priorities overall.
You will provide administrative support and handle various administration matters. This will include financial costing, checking of invoices, preparation and tracking of contracts and documents, coordinating meetings and facility bookings. You will also answer telephone and email queries, manage databases and perform other administrative duties.
The duties include:
- Manage day-to-day office operations, requirements and maintenance
- Secretarial and logistic support for the Managing Editor
- Management of invoices and suppliers
- Plan/assist with in-house or off-site activities, such as internal staff or external client events
- Maintain office supplies inventory; placing and expediting orders with suppliers
- Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment
- Manage office G&A; budget, ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Provide general support to visitors
- Assist in the onboarding process for new hires
- Address employees queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery, Hardware and travel arrangements)
- Liaise with facility management vendors, including cleaning, catering and security services
- Simple HR duties as needed by the Managing Editor
- Diploma/degree holder qualifications preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience as an administrative or operations manager
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office programmes
- Familiarity with email scheduling tools
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent command of the English language, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- A team player who has a passion and interest in sustainability
- Has a sense of humour
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to Jessica Cheam, Managing Editor, at email@example.com.
This role is only for Singaporeans and Singaporean PRs. All shortlisted candidates will be required to do a writing test.