About Nexus for Development
Nexus are a key network and finance partner making low-carbon solutions count toward the Global Goals. We are based in Southeast Asia and collaborate with partners around the world, creating and deploying innovative financial tools.
A diverse range of organisations are improving people’s lives in the face of poverty and climate change. At Nexus we connect award-winning organizations with world-leading businesses, donors and investors, inspiring and funding change that maximizes sustainable development outcomes.
At Nexus we also support our staff in continuous learning and professional development, offering a robust in-house knowledge base on carbon finance, footprinting, fund management, innovative finance, sustainable development, networking, capacity-building and sustainability strategy.
Since being formed in 2009 by an alliance of development organisations our expertise has evolved to offer a range of technical and financial services, supporting the growth and impact of our members and partners. Nexus currently have 18 members who are the cornerstone of the work we develop.
In our communications, Nexus engage with several international actors:
Development practitioners (Social enterprises, NGOs)
Private sectors companies and corporates, investors and donors
Researchers, policy makers and international standards and associations
For more information, visit http://www.nexusfordevelopment.org/
Join our team!
The Marketing & Communications Officer has a key role in all activity within this area at Nexus. If you are looking for a challenging position where you will have the opportunity to shape how Nexus are perceived by our international stakeholders and engage online this could be the position for you! Your scope of action will include leading on projects, proposing initiatives and delivering full-circle. We are looking for someone who is well rounded in social media, familiar with tools for lean marketing such as video and vlogs.
You will have the autonomy deliver innovative communication and marketing ideas, using our activity and the wealth of knowledge of our colleagues as a resource. We are particularly interested in sharing day-to-day life at Nexus, since we work remotely from many of our clients and from several geographies. Targeted engagement with our clients and members across the globe remains our top priority.
We are a diverse team and board from across the globe, motivated and mission-driven, looking for a new colleague to showcase us to the world and step up or online engagement - taking it to the next level! We are looking for a proactive self-starter bringing a can-do attitude, positivity and personal resources to the workplace. If this is you, we need your expertise and creative juices!
The Marketing & Communications Officer delivers and oversees on:
- Creating text, image and video contents for SoMe and website, and carrying out regular updates – engaging and briefing the teams internally as required;
- Identifying and developing targeted marketing materials for segmented audiences with each internal unit, such as newsletters, blog posts or vlogs;
- Maintaining strategic planning, engagement and reporting on Marketing & Communications targets, deliverables and achievements;
- Engaging directly with international members, clients and stakeholders in the provision of resources, online networking and media partnerships;
- Updating project and Nexus-own impact data quoted online and on marketing & communications files, with the support of the Program and BD units;
- Coordinating the production of key documents such as Annual and Event Reports – content, branding, design and liaison with external providers;
- Accessing and sharing internally and externally relevant sector information on trends, players, award schemes, events, etc.;
- Managing the maintenance and updating of the Nexus website, namely for better business functionalities and stakeholder-targeting;
- Maintaining Nexus’ photo and communications database, and branding tools;
- 10.Supporting the organisation of local and/or international events.
Profile outline – is this you?
- Key skills and beneficial experience or knowledge include:
- Excellent English verbal and excellent writing skills;
- Experience working with and targeting international clients and stakeholders;
- Experience working with Mailchimp, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Bitrix/ CMS, Video tools and e-mail marketing tools;
- Business acumen applied to marketing, with an understanding of sales, client and stakeholder segmentation, and relevant marketing support tools;
- Knowledge and experience on environmental issues, sustainability, corporate responsibility and climate change a plus;
- Ability to write persuasive and engaging copy, and to translate technical information for communication to a non-technical audience;
- At ease working in a small structure and multicultural environment where versatility and cultural sensitiveness are required;
- High level of autonomy in planning and carrying out own work, with good internal and external engagement capacity;
- Pro-active and solutions oriented, able to work under time pressure and deliver creative solutions;
- Track-record of deploying effective online marketing & communications strategy including use of video, vlogging, online stakeholder engagement and business-generation;
- Capable of maintaining strategy oversight and effective prioritisation.
To apply please submit a CV, a cover letter and examples of your work (preferably including video, design and text) to email@example.com with the subject line “Marketing and Communications Officer role” by 24 April 2018. Clearly state any expectations in terms of geographical base, salary, FT/PT availability, etc. Please note that only full applications (with all the requested elements) will be considered – that’s a good indication of your interest in the role too!