CDP has an exciting opportunity for an individual with proven business development and self-starter skills to be part of our expanding Hong Kong team and manage our corporate engagement and business development efforts in Hong Kong, South East Asia, Australia and New Zealand.
Manages CDP’s company engagement, business development and memberships in the region (Hong Kong, South East Asia, Australia and New Zealand).
- manage CDP’s company engagement in the region (Hong Kong, South East Asia, Australia and New Zealand) and work closely with regional companies to drive environmental reporting and management;
- expand awareness of CDP’s supply chain program by establishing, maintaining and leveraging relationships with relevant sustainability and procurement managers as well as trade associations, industry working groups and other organizations working in the sustainable supply chain field;
- establish and expand a regional CDP Supply Chain membership base by recruiting organizations to collect Climate, Forest and Water data from their supply chains via CDP, and support suppliers who are disclosing to the Supply Chain program in the region;
- manage CDP’s corporate engagement and membership team in Hong Kong;
- grow CDP’s influence and effectiveness in the region;
- raise CDP’s profile by hosting and speaking at high level events;
- other work supporting CDP’s operations and international presence, as requires;
- work effective with the wider global CDP team.
Skills and experience required:
- proven track record in business development and/or sales;
- experience in procurement and/or supply chain management at large companies, ideally with direct responsibility for a procurement budget;
- experience of managing a team;
- ability to be adaptable to a fast paced and changing work environment; and hit the ground running across all key responsibilities;
- strong networking, negotiation and communication skills;
- proven skills in public speaking and collaboration with corporations and industry working groups;
- interest/knowledge in understanding environmental related issues from a business and procurement perspective;
- ability to work in a multi-national team with virtual communication across multiple time zones;
- the ability to operate effectively in English and ideally one more regional language; and
- excellent IT skills (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, etc.).
The position is based in CDP’s Hong Kong office and the successful candidate will work 5 days per week and must be able to work legally in Hong Kong.
Interested candidates should send a copy of their resume along with a cover email outlining their suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Manager, Hong Kong, First Name, Last Name” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a final deadline of 6th April, 2018.
If you do not hear from us within 14 days of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates.