POSITION: Manager for FSC Malaysia
Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) Malaysia is seeking a motivated, innovative and talented professional to help shape and support the future of sustainable forestry in Malaysia. We are seeking an individual who can build the profile of the FSC in Malaysia while protecting the credibility and integrity of the FSC brand as well as maintaining organizational and financial viability.
This is a challenging role, but one that will provide the successful applicant with the opportunity to maketheir mark and take the Organization to the next level, especially in Malaysia where forestry is a key natural resource from which social, environmental and economic benefits are derived from.
FSC operates in Malaysia through Forest Sustainability Malaysia (FSM), a not-for-profit organization based in the Klang Valley, and performs FSC’s functions and tasks in the country. FSC Malaysia is part of an international network that promotes responsible forest management practices through multistakeholder standard-setting and an internationally-recognized certification scheme.
As a multi-stakeholder organization, FSC applies the directive of its membership to develop forest management and chain of custody standards, deliver trademark assurance and provide accreditation services to a global network of committed businesses, organizations and communities. FSC certification provides a credible link between responsible production and consumption of forest products, enabling consumers and businesses to make purchasing decisions that benefit people and the environment as well as providing ongoing business value.
Working under the direction of the multi-chamber Board of Directors, the successful applicant will play a key role in driving and leading FSC Malaysia, whilst being the face of the Organization to FSC International, government, FSC Members and stakeholders, both at national and international levels.
There will be exciting opportunities for career advancement, building personal and professional capacity and networking opportunities, both in Malaysia and abroad. The role includes national and international travel requirements for regional meetings, conferences, training and the like commensurate with the obligations of the role. A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated to ensure recruitment of an outstanding individual.
All interested applicants should submit a cover letter and their CV highlighting relevant experience and competencies matching the role to FSC Malaysia (email@example.com) by Thursday, 10 November 2016.
DETAILED TERMS OF REFERENCE
- Provide leadership in implementing the key goals of the Organization
- Implement the agreed annual work plan with FSC International and FSC Asia Pacific Regional Office (APRO)
- Oversee the development of national FSC standards for Malaysia
- Schedule, organize and attend FSC Malaysia Board and General Assembly meetings and related committee/working group meetings. This includes working with the appointed Company Secretary to report on audited accounts and annual returns as well as preparing meeting minutes
- Manage policy initiatives on behalf of the Organization
- Liaise with FSC International (and other FSC offices as required) to fulfil organizational needs and responsibilities
- Ensure the Organization is compliant with all applicable laws relating to business and personnel management
2 Financial, Management and Human Resources
- Identify and pursue opportunities to generate revenue through education, training, promotional activities, FSC membership, sponsorship and fundraising
- Lead and manage the Organization’s financial and administrative processes and protocols, including close liaison with the Board, FSC International and APRO
- Oversee and implement financial operations of the Organization along with the Board to ensure quality performance, management and reporting
- Monitor and oversee office banking activities, including delivery of payments within signing authority
- Manage the human resources of the Organization including the approval of staff recruitment as well as overseeing staff development, training and performance management
- Ensure that the Organization’s policies, procedures and workplace instructions are adhered to
3 Communications and Marketing
- Develop and implement the Organization’s communications plan
- Build the brand, profile and understanding of FSC in Malaysia through promotional activities (to industry, stakeholders and the media), events and other innovative initiatives
- Develop and maintain communication channels including the Organization’s website, social media presence, electronic newsletter and marketing materials
- Manage and maintain key accounts and relationships in coordination with FSC APRO
- Undertake and seek out media opportunities in interview, documentary, newspaper, online and/or magazine formats to increase awareness and importance of FSC standards
- Liaise and negotiate with government, industry groups, unions, community groups and stakeholders to promote FSC’s goals
- Deliver training and information sessions on the application and requirements of FSC certification
4 Membership and Stakeholder Management
- Identify, target and recruit new FSC Members
- Maintain and build the Organization’s membership and stakeholders register
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, technical experts and consultants working with or who are interested in or affected by FSC policies, standards and guidelines
- Ensure transparent and accessible systems for stakeholder participation
- Develop and implement an effective and transparent complaints system that is in line with FSC’s practices and standards
Why this is a green job
FSC™ is a global, not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible forest management worldwide. Recognized by leading ENGOs and many Fortune 500 companies as the preferred standard in forestry, FSC certification ensures forests products are responsibly managed and harvested. The FSC label enables businesses and consumers to make informed choices about the forest products they buy, creating real impact by engaging the market at scale, increasing biodiversity, reducing carbon emissions and improving the lives of workers and communities.