In this role, you will be contributing to the carbon markets of tomorrow by implementing and managing the emission reduction projects developed under reputed carbon standards such as the CDM, VERRA (aka VCS) and the GS4GG (aka Gold Standard) and are typically developed in renewable energy, waste (and wastewater) management, energy efficiency, agro-forestry and land use leading to issuance of carbon credits. In addition, you will have access to direct client relationships within Thailand. If you are familiar with the different carbon standards and are passionate about sustainability and climate change, then we are looking for you!.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Taking an active role in the implementation and management of the emission reduction projects in Thailand which includes, drafting project design documents, validation, monitoring, and verification support under different standards (T-VER, CDM, VERRA, GS4GG) among other local and international carbon schemes.
- Be a key point of contact and maintain good relationship with project owners, clients, DOEs (auditors) and other counterparts.
- Ensure that project documents are drafted in a high quality manner.
- Conduct site visits and travel to project locations whenever needed.
- Assist with Market research on emerging new topics in sustainability sector and provide support with project sourcing.
- University degree in Natural Resources, Agriculture, Forestry & Land Use, Environmental Science, Engineering or any related field.
- Good understanding of carbon standards (T-VER, CDM, VERRA, GS4GG or others)
- Familiarity with GIS, climate change topic, carbon projects, forestry project, community based project and renewable energy development will be an advantage.
- Some initial experience with project development (0-3 years) is a plus, fresh graduates are also encouraged to apply.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to take decisions and prioritize tasks
- Willingness to travel and ability to meet deadlines
- Thai nationality or holder of a valid work permit is a must
- Excellent team spirit
- Be part of growing, global and multicultural company
- Work autonomously as well as within a large and international team