IIX Growth Fund
Investment Associate/Manager Job Description
The IIX Growth Fund (IGF) is a US$50M, for-profit, venture capital fund that invests in lmpact Enterprises bringing inclusive growth to South and Southeast Asia. Investing across multiple sectors and countries in the region, the Fund delivers market level financial returns together with high positive social impact.
Terms of Position
IGF is seeking an Investment Associate/Manager to be based permanently in Singapore. The Investment Associate/Manager will contribute to translating the Fund’s strategic investment vision into operating results. The candidate will support IGF’s activities in target markets, conduct investment research and due diligence activities, structure investment financing and provide on- going monitoring of investments from funding through to exit.
The main responsibilities of the Investment Manager will include the following:
- Contribute to IGF strategy and provide support across the complete investment life-cycle;
- Manage the investment due diligence process including: conducting relevant industry research, engaging with prospective investees, developing and maintaining detailed financial models for evaluating potential investments; conducting financial due diligence and valuation, assist in preparing detailed investment memoranda , legal agreements and other investment process documents;
- Support the active management of portfolio companies - including on-going monitoring ofportfolio companies, preparing monthly operational and financial performance reports, information memos for quarterly board meetings, development and implementation of strategic initiatives (including further debt and equity raises);
- Maintain relationships with senior executives, advisors and relevant industry partners,
- In the case of an Investment Manager level hire, the candidate is expected to lead and motivate an extended support team, foster a strong team spirit and instill a sense of pride and accountability in executing IGF’s investment plan;
- Maintain the highest levels of ethics, integrity and confidentiality in business dealings.
ESTIMATED TIMETABLE AND TERMS
This is a full-time position with IGF, pending successful performance in the first 6 months.
PROFILE OF SELECTED CANDIDATE
Candidates for the position should be committed to supporting businesses that provide sustainable economic opportunities to millions of underserved people in Asia. The candidate therefore should have a demonstrated track record in working with Small and Medium Enterprise (SMEs) in developing countries with previous investment experience.
The candidate will be hired either as an Investment Associate or Investment Manager based on the level of prior experience in similar roles. The Candidate’s background should include the following:
- Full professional proficiency in English;
- Advanced Degree - MBA and/or masters in related field;
- 5-7 years of investment experience in the case of Investment Manager; 2-4 years of experience in the case of Investment Associate;
- Good understanding of - and passion for - the field of social enterprise and impact investing;
- Ability to support investment activities including (1) screening leads, conducting due diligence, structuring & closing deals; (2) drafting related memos, scorecards, financial models & legal documents; (3) assessing social impact; and (4) supporting deal discussions in decision meetings;
- Demonstrable track record in interacting directly and independently with the founders and senior management of potential investees and other stakeholders;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with colleagues from various cultural backgrounds and great team player;
- Ability to act independently and execute sound judgment;
- Strong financial, accounting and Excel skills, experience building financial models;
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment;
- A national from a Southeast Asian country and/or Asia with prior experience in working in the region is preferred
The position is in Singapore with frequent travel within South and Southeast Asia.
Salary package will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and current CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.