GGGI is looking for an energy expert with experience in conducting evaluations of international development programs. The expert is expect to assess GGGI ‘s Thailand country program which focuses on greening Thai industry by promoting a greater uptake of energy efficiency and renewable energy.
Required skills and competencies:
Based on the scope and objectives of the evaluation, the primary required expertise and skills for the independent evaluator are:
- An energy specialist with a Master’s Post-graduate degree in engineering, economics or a related discipline;
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in energy, particularly in policy and financing aspects of energy efficiency. Experience in Asia and particularly in Thailand would be an advantage;
- Experience in conducting evaluations of international development programs;
- Good understanding of international and national policies related to climate change and in particular to GHG emissions abatement measures in the industrial sector;
- Ability to communicate in local language would be an asset
To apply for this position, candidates must submit a detailed CV outlining relevant experience and a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) describing the candidates’ suitability to conduct this evaluation.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and requested to provide referees and a sample of writing.