Location: Hong Kong
Length of contract: 4 months, with possibility of 12 month extension
CDP is seeking a project manager with excellent relationship-building and project management skills to contribute to its work addressing commodity-driven deforestation. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated self-starter who enjoys taking ownership of a project, and thrives in a varied and autonomous environment.
About CDP’s work on deforestation:
CDP works with the private sector to remove commodity-driven deforestation from global supply chains. This role will develop and deliver a new project to integrate CDP’s existing work addressing deforestation more deeply into Southeast Asia, in particular Indonesia, by engaging the private sector to implement deforestation-free policies in palm oil supply chains.
Successful candidates will be involved in all aspects of the project, including: project design and development; working with the private sector in Indonesia and throughout Southeast Asia; developing partnerships throughout the region; and working with CDP’s existing forests and supply chain teams to deliver this unique and innovative project. This role will deliver the first 4 months of work of what is planned to be a multi-year project.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing and delivering the project against the work-plan and to budget;
- Managing relationships with project partners;
- Engaging with companies on deforestation in supply chains (through one-to-one meetings, presentations and workshops);
- Convening and attending events;
- Helping to develop educational and training materials for company procurement teams;
- Advising the project on regional best practice.
- A university degree in Environment, Forest Engineering, Sustainability or a related subject. Post-Grad/MBA will be an advantage;
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in project management;
- Expertise in the drivers of deforestation in palm oil supply chains, and key geographies;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- A good level of self-motivation and drive;
- Track-record of working effectively with multiple project partners;
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- A good team player with the ability to work with and develop relationships with colleagues around the world;
- Fluency in English required; knowledge of Bahasa Indonesian strongly preferred.
- Good networks within the private sector, governments and civil society engaged in agricultural commodity production and trade in key geographies;
- Experience of/strong knowledge of two or more of the following themes within forest risk commodity supply chains: procurement, regulatory context, certification & multi-stakeholder roundtables, zero deforestation commitments;
- Previous exposure to and understanding of sales lead generation.
The successful candidate will work 5 days per week and must be able to work legally in Hong Kong.
Interested candidates should send a copy of their resume along with a cover email outlining their suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Forests Manager: Hong Kong’ in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a final deadline of 8th December, 2017.